27

The next day. Regina was sat in one of the office rooms already starting on paperwork. Of course Emma was late. Regina knew that the surprise she helped arrange is happening today. She was filling in the papers when the door opened. Emma came in quickly knowing she was in trouble.

"Your late swan" Regina said still looking at the papers in front of her.

"I know. I'm sorry" Emma quickly replied as she dumped her bag on the ground.

"Just come on and sit down. We need to get on with all this paperwork" Regina sighed as she glanced up quickly at the blonde before back at the work.

"There's one thing I have to do first" Emma said with a famous smirk across her face.

"What is i-" Regina started before Emma cupped her cheeks and pulled her into a kiss. The brunette deepened it instantly as she moved in her chair to face Emma more. They continued kissing for a minute or so before pulling away. "I guess that was worth waiting for. We do have lots of work to do though"

"Yeah alright. God this is the shit part of the job" Emma sighed while slouching down in her chair. Regina's phone then started ringing. She looked at it and saw Dani was calling. Emma glanced across to be most. "Take it. I'll get on with whatever I have to do" she insists knowing with time difference it's hard for them to talk.

"Thanks" Regina replied as she stood up and left the room. She answered the phone and placed it to her ear. "Hello"

"Hey ma. Did you manage to catch Rosa" Dani asked sounding as if she was really happy.

"Yes kind of. She was about to shoot me so Emma shot her. She was really brave actually. She dove her whole body in front of mine to shield it" Regina replied as a subconscious smile started forming in her face.

"Holy shit! Mum she totally likes you. She risked her life for you" Dani quickly said as she was shocked by what she heard.

"Dani calm down ok. I'm her partner. She saved my life. Nothing is going on between us" Regina lied knowing now wasn't the time.

"Well that's shit. You need to figure out your not straight and that you like her" Dani sighed rolling her eyes and looked fed up.

"You need to figure out your 16 and too young to understand what I'm doing. Anyway how are you? That's what I want to talk about. How is Russia" Regina asked trying to completely change the subject.

"It's good. I love it here. Grandma makes so much food for me and grandpa let me drive his car" Dani excitedly replied like she was a little kid.

"He did what" Regina asked as her whole posture straightened and her eyes doubled.

"Nothing" Dani quickly said knowing she wasn't meant to say that part.

Regina's phone then got a message. She looked quickly and saw it was from Jake.

Jake: I just arrived at the station. Where should I go?

"Dani I have to go sweetie but I love you so much and I'll see you Tuesday"

"Alright. Love you too"

They hung up and Regina flicked through to find Jake's name. She checked in the room to see Emma hard at work. She then called him.

"Hello" he answered while getting out of his car.

"Hi. Welcome home. I'm going to take Emma into the main precinct part. If you just get the elevator to the top floor you'll see her" Regina instructs knowing this will really mean a lot to Emma.

"Alright that sounds good. I'll see you in a few seconds then" Jake replied before hanging the phone up.

"Swan. My desk" Regina said into the door before leading the way.

Emma looked confused and followed. They went to Regina's desk and she put a chair for Emma in an angle that made her back face the elevator. The blonde sat down not sure why. Regina typed up Rosa's name on the laptop and faced it to Emma.

"What we doing here" the blonde asked still confused at the laptop.

"It's all over the news that she was shot. We need to figure away to make sure she is seen as the bad guy" Regina replied knowing this is a genuine concern.

She then saw a man in an arm suit walk out the elevator. He was tall and very handsome. Resembling his younger sister very well. Emma was just looking at the screen as she tried to figure out what to do. Jake went over to the blonde and tapped her shoulder.

"Excuse me. I need to report a crime. I haven't seen my sister in over 11 months" he said with a big smile across his face.

"Ok well what" Emma asked as she turned around in her chair. She saw him and her whole body went into shock. "Ow my god. Jake" Emma questioned as she placed her hand on his cheek to check he's really there.

"Miss me" he asked holding his arms out. Emma stood up and jumped into his arms. Tears started pouring down her face as she gripped the much taller man tight. "I missed you so much Emma"

"I missed you too" she sobbed as she hid her face from everyone who could see.

Regina was smiling at how happy the two were. 11 months was a very long time for the swan siblings. Jake looked at Regina and held his hand out.

"I'm Jake. Your Regina right" he questioned as she gestured for her to shake it.

"Yes. Hi" Regina replied while taking his hand in hers.

"Thank you for this" Jake softly said with a smile and teary eyes.

Emma didn't plan on letting go any time soon. She missed her brother with everything she had. Regina rubbed her back softly with a smile before starting to sit back down. Everyone in the room had started clapping the minute they hugged.