6

Emma pulled up outside Regina's house. She got out the car and walked over to the front door. Knocking on it and waiting. The door opened revealing an angry young girl with her arms crossed.

"What" Dani asked glaring at the blonde stood on her porch.

"You must be Regina's daughter. I'm Emma her partner" Emma replied with a slight smile at the girl.

"Partner?" Dani questioned a little confused. She looked into the house quickly while annoyed. "Mum your gay" she asked as she shouts into the house.

"What? No" Regina replied coming into view of the door. She saw Emma and sighed knowing she done something. "What did you tell her"

"That I was your partner" Emma quickly replied a little confused what just happened.

"Dani she's my work partner" Regina sighed while grabbing her bag from the hook by the door.

"I don't give a shit. By the way I'm still not going to school today" Dani shrugged as she started walking away.

"Yes you are. Go get dressed" Regina ordered in her stern mum voice.

"The fuck I am and there is jack shit you can do because you have to work" Dani sassed as she looked at her mother with full attitude.

"Daniella Rosanna Mills don't you dare talk to me like that" Regina growled as she walked over to the kitchen annoyed.

"What you looking at" Dani asked as she glanced up to see the blonde woman looking at her shocked.

"You can't talk to your mum like that" Emma softly said unsure how to act around this girl.

"How the fuck would you know what I can do and can't" Dani snapped as she came closer to the door.

"I was just like you. Full of attitude and didn't give a shit. It doesn't make you tough to piss your mother off" Emma replied as she looked at the young girl disappointed she could see herself.

"Well that's not my problem. I can do whatever I want and you can't do anything about it" Dani sasses before she turned around to walk away.

"You'll break her heart if you keep doing this" Emma quickly said causing the teen girl to freeze in her tracts.

Dani thought about what she said. She looked down to take a deep breath before looking over her shoulder. The last thing this girl ever wanted to do was break her mothers heart. No matter how much they didn't get along.

"I don't want to break her heart. I love my mother and she's been broken a lot. She just pisses me off most times" Dani said in the softest tone the blonde has heard from her.

The young girl walked away thinking about what Emma said. Regina came over annoyed and walked out the door. Closing it behind her. Without saying anything she pushed past the blonde and to the car. Emma sighed and followed behind her.

"Your daughter seems... sweet" Emma replied awkwardly not sure how to describe the young girl.

"I told you what she was like. She's a little shit and tests my patience everyday" Regina sighed while walking to the car in a huff.

"I was worse than her once. I regret it so much and I honestly wish I could go back to change it" Emma replied as she opened the door to get in along with the brunette.

"Why? Do you not get along with her now" Regina questioned looking curiously at her partner in the drivers seat.

"She got diagnosed with terminal cancer. I finally went to the hospital after debating for ages whether she'd want to see me. When I got there she told the nurse to tell me she didn't want to see me. She died that night and I didn't get to see her" Emma explained as she avoided eye contact and started the car up.

"Ow my god... that must have been hard. How old were you" Regina softly asked looking a little shocked at her partner.

"18. It's fine though. I haven't thought about it in years. Anyway where we going" Emma questioned as she shrugged the conversation away.

"We talked about this yesterday. That address we were given dumb ass" Regina sighed frustrated the blonde didn't listen to her.

"Don't we need backup. I told you this is a setup" Emma questioned confused towards the other woman.

"We don't need backup. We're there to just observe" Regina replied rolling her eyes at the fact she had to explain herself.

Emma sighed and started driving towards the location. They both preferred to work alone and usually did. Regina felt bad for Emma though. The story made her feel sorry for her and maybe even some how want to hug her to comfort her. She didn't and knew she never would. Emma could see Regina was looking out the window just thinking. Really thinking hard.

"What is it" the blonde asked glancing across at her.

"Nothing. Just drive" Regina quickly replied not even bothering to look at her partner.

"I got a question for you"

"Go on then"

"Your a total bitch right" Emma starts causing the brunettes head to snap round.

"Excuse me" Regina growled as she looked offended at her partner.

"Let me finish. If your a total bitch why do you let your daughter talk to you like that" Emma cut in to finish off her question.

"I don't. I'm very strict with her but she doesn't care. It's her fathers fault not mine. He's the two faced dick that is horrible to both of us. It's his fault we're both the way we are" Regina snapped as the anger from her ex husband fueled in side her.

"Whoa that question struck more than a nerve" Emma said surprised by the way the brunette just reacted to the question.

"Just shut up swan. I left my husband because he hurt me in a way I'd never admit to my daughter. Now she thinks I left him because I didn't love him. She hates both of us and I'm stuck with scars from that monster" Regina continued to snap not realising how much information she just let out.

"What did he do to you" Emma softly asked as she noticed the hurt in her partners eyes.

"It doesn't matter. I don't want to talk about this and we never will" Regina replied in a calm tone but the sternness stood out.

The rest of the ride remained awkward and silent. Emma knew her husband had to have done something to cause her this much pain and anger.