22

The next day came. The phone was a dead end. Today Regina was dropping Dani to the airport. They were stood by the check in desk with a security guard for the young girl.

"Have you got everything? Enough clothes? Phone charge? Tooth brush" Regina asked worriedly to the young teen trying to take her back.

"Yes mum. Now let go of my bag and let me go. I have to go check in" Dani sighed annoyed her mum was worrying.

"Alright. Please be safe and have a good time in Russia. Do not do anything stupid. Be good for your grandparents" Regina orders still in her worried mum voice.

"I know. Now can I go" Dani asked with a huff of annoyance.

"Yes. I love you. I love you so much" Regina replied as she hugged the young teen tightly in her arms.

"Let go. I've gotta get going" Dani shrugged off her mother and stepped back. Regina placed a soft kiss on her daughter's head before nodding to let her go. "I love you too mum"

With that said Dani walked away with the guard. Regina just watched as her daughter left her for the week. Dani waved one last time behind her before turning a corner and disappearing. Regina sighed softly and made her way out the airport. She took her phone out and messaged her partner.

Regina: swan where are you? I've dropped Dani and can pick you up on my way.

Emma: hospital. Penny was having a scan. I'm leaving now though so would appreciate a lift

Regina: are you ok?

Emma: yes. Fine thank you. See you soon.

Regina: ok well the airport is literally round the corner from the hospital so won't be long

Emma slipped her phone back in her pocket and looked at the road. She was stood outside the hospital with bloody knuckles and no engagement ring on finger. Penny come out the double doors looking annoyed and wearing a hospital gown.

"Are you serious Emma? You can't go round punching guys" penny growled as she stood in front of the angry blonde.

"I'm not. I punched that jackass that got you pregnant! You said he wasn't in the picture but you lied! Because of that I'm not in the picture anymore" Emma snapped back in such anger she couldn't help her tone.

"He's the father! Did you think he wouldn't show up to the scan"  penny asked with a sigh like she didn't actually care.

"You told me you didn't know who he was and he didn't have any idea. You lied to me. You can keep that piece of shit ring. I'm done" Emma replied in an annoyed voice as she turned away from penny. A car pulled up with Regina in it. Looking curiouly at them. "Goodbye" Emma added as she went to walk to the car.

"Done! You can't be done with me! We've been together for years! We're having a baby"

"NO WERE NOT! YOUR HAVING A BABY WITH GUY IN THERE WAITING FOR YOU"

"Don't you dare leave! Don't you dare leave me"

"I'm done. I can't deal with you and all of this. Now back off. I broke his fat nose so don't think I won't do the same to your tiny little thing" Emma warned as she glared angrily at her now ex fiance.

Penny looked angry and shoved Emma. This caused Regina to get out the car and go over to them. As she did she noticed Emma's hand.

"Hey what's going on? Swan are you ok" the brunette worriedly asked as she stood between the woman.

"I'm done penny. Accept it and go back to your boy toy" Emma finally said before turning and climbing into the car.

"Get out of here skinny bitch" penny growled as she looked angry at the brunette woman.

"Sorry what was that? I didn't hear anything after skinny" Regina sassed with her usually sassy smile.

"Talk to her. Make her realise I'm all she has" penny sighed while rolled her eyes and crossing her arms.

"Why on earth would I do that? You need to learn that if you want someone as good as Emma you have to treat her right. Pull yourself together for god sake" Regina replied as she gave her stern Mills look at the annoyed woman.

Penny didn't say anything. She just glared. Regina rolled her eyes and got into the driver's seat of the car. She saw Emma looking out the window embarrassed. That's when she noticed the ring wasn't on her finger. She studied the finger in question of if she should ask or not.

"I broke up with her" Emma said as if she knew what the brunette was thinking in her mind.

"How come" Regina asked knowing it was obviously something bad that penny must have done.

"She told me that she didn't even know the father's name. She lies. He knew about the baby and turned up at the scan today so I broke his nose" Emma explained still looking away as if she was ashamed.

"You can't break people's noses. Especially when your a federal officer yourself" Regina sighed knowing it's what she would have done even though that's wrong.

"Please just drive somewhere. Penny is coming to the car and that jackass is close behind" Emma requested softly while looking out the back window. Regina started driving towards a corner. She turned and parked the car. Looking at the blonde. "Why did you stop"

"Talk to me. It's the best way to get over something" Regina insists as she thought back to personal experience.

"I don't get why I'm this upset. I know I don't love her and she doesn't love me. There isn't anything to be upset about" Emma huffed in annoyance at herself while still looking out her window.

"Your not upset about breaking up. It's the reason why you broke up that upsets you. It makes you feel like if you aren't good enough for her them how can you be good enough for anyone. You feel betrayed. I'm right aren't I" Regina questioned with a sad smile held up on her face and a rub to the blondes shoulder.

"How did you know that"

"Kozmin made me feel the exact same way. That man ruined me with the stuff he done but what hurt the most is that I wasn't good enough for him. But that's a lie. I was too good for him and your to good for penny. If people cheat on us it's because they don't realise they have everything just in front" Regina said as she placed her hand on the blondes shoulder and looked her in the eyes.

Emma had no words. Just a small smile as she nods in agreement. Regina pulled the dumb detective into her arms and hugged her close. She cradled the back her the blonde locks in one hand and her back in the other. Emma hugged her back and took in the enjoyable moment. Regina then placed a small but loving kiss upon the blonde woman's temple. Neither knowing why or what it meant.