18

"He. Did. WHAT?!"

"I wasn't supposed to tell you that. He's gonna kill me now. Ow god" Dani panicked as she looked to the floor and mumbled to herself ow god.

"Your father told you what he done" Regina questioned trying to hide as much of her anger from her daughter as she could.

"Yes! He told me everything! That's why I'm always angry at you!" Dani snapped as she slammed her hands against the island.

"Me? What did I do" Regina asked as she now looked at her daughter with only confusion.

"Your suppose to be the strongest person I know. Your my mum. I look up to you and then I find out that for years you've just stood there and let him hurt you" Dani replied in a barky tone as she finally let everything out loud.

"Why does everyone think I let him? I had no choice. Your father is a very tall and very strong man. Plus you forget that I married him because I loved him. I was so in love that the thought of hurting him made me feel like I was the bad person" Regina explained softly as she placed her hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"I get mad all the time because I've seen how upset you were with him and after the divorce. It made me angry you didn't fight back and that he was allowed to hit you. Your my mum! No one is allowed to hurt you. I'm sorry your the person I take my anger out on. I don't mean to" Dani said as she looked down at the ground in refusal to let her mother see her sad.

"It's ok. Come here" Regina said as she pulled her daughter into a loving hug. The young teen gripped her top as she held her close to her. "I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better dad but I promise he will never lay a hand on you"

"Will you go all alpha police on him" Dani asked with a laugh as she pulled out the hug slightly.

"Shut up" Regina chuckled as she shook her head and pulled her daughter back in her arms. They both laughed in each others arms. Sharing a mother daughter moment for the first time in so long. "Don't forget. You can handle anything. Your half Russian. Quarter Puerto Rican and quarter American. Channel your inner crazy" Regina softly added as she knew her daughter was very tough and thick skinned. 

"Thanks mum. Can you answer this honestly? Do you have feelings for your partner" Dani softly questioned making sure she was still in the hug.

Regina thought about it. She didn't know why she couldn't just say no straight away. She actually thought about it. Regina came from the hug and looked at her daughter with her curious face on. She simply nods the slightest bit.

"Yeah kinda. Honestly I don't know what I'm feeling for her. She's a child and she's a she. I kissed her though. Twice actually" Regina admitted as she slouched down onto the stool and sighed.

"You what?! You kissed her twice?" Dani asked in pure shock at her mother.

"The first time was to hide the fact we were talking about people in our case. The second time was yesterday when we were mad" Regina sighed realising she didn't mean to tell her daughter that.

"Did you kiss her or did she kiss you" Dani asked looking at her with a curious thinking face.

"We both kissed each other technically" Regina replied with a sigh as there isn't point hiding it from her.

"So you had an argument that got so heated you made out" Dani questioned with a large smirk across her face. 

"We did not make out! It was a few second kiss and then we pulled away" Regina quickly said glaring at the words that left her daughter's lips.

"And then what?"

"And then I kinda slapped her"

"Mum! You can't slap someone because YOU kissed them" Dani scoffed as she laughed and looked confused.

"Why am I taking advice from my 16 year old daughter" Regina sighed as she rolled her eyes and went to the fridge.

"Cause I give great advice" Dani chuckled while leaving the kitchen.

Regina rolled her eyes and shook her head with a giggle. She took some milk out of the fridge and placed it onto the island next to two bowls. Her phone then started ringing. She picked it up to see an unusual unknown number. She answered it confused since it could be part of her case.

"Hello this is detective Regina Mills. Who's calling please"

"Hi. Do you know Emma Swan" a guy asked in a sweet voice which confused the brunette more.

"Yes. She is my partner. Who is this" Regina questioned a little curiously as she has to be careful giving our information in a dangerous case.

"I'm Jake. Jake Swan. Emma's big brother. Are you her girlfriend or wife or something" the nice guy questioned as he really hoped she was.

"Ow no I'm her work partner. She's engaged to a girl named penny"

"Ow fuck! I can't stand her" Jake cut in with a sigh of annoyance.

"Neither can I to be honest. Anyway how can I help you? Would you like Emma's number" Regina offered wondering why she was the one being called.

"Ow no I have it. The thing is I'm in the army. That's why you haven't heard of me. Emma doesn't speak much of me since she misses me. Im due to come home next sunday and I want to surprise Emma. She doesn't know I'm coming home. Can you help me" Jake asked a little awkwardly in case he got a no.

"Of course. Emma is actually a good person and deserves something good. Next Sunday we will be finalizing the paperwork on the case we are on. I'll make sure she's with me when you arrive" Regina informed with a smile at the plan.

"Thank you so much. Your so much easier to talk than penny. I honestly don't know how they are still together. They constantly fight and I know Emma doesn't love her. You see it too don't you" Jake questioned with a sigh at the woman engaged to his sister.

"I couldn't say. Have a safe flight and thank you for your service" Regina simply replied before hanging up quickly. She thought about what Jake said. "He thinks she doesn't love penny... Does she"