34

The next day came. Regina sat up in her bed quickly. Rushing out of the sheets and into the bathroom. As she got to the toilet she threw up instantly. Gripping the toilet seat to hold herself up. When she finally stopped she collapsed to the ground and wiped her mouth. Catching her breath back.

"Mum are you alright" Dani asked knocking on the bathroom door.

"I'm fine. Go on and get dressed. I'll take you to school" Regina replied as she lifted her weak body off the ground.

"I can get a bus if your sick" Dani suggests a little worried by what she heard.

"I'm not sick. I also don't trust you'll get on the bus. Go get dressed" Regina replied as she opened the door to see her daughter.

"Fine. Whatever" Dani sighed as she walked away in a huff.

Regina went back into the bathroom and flushed the chain. She then rinsed her mouth out with cold water to get rid of the taste. She then looked in the mirror. Bags under her eyes and lips bone dry.

"Morning sexy" Regina sarcastically said to herself with a sigh before leaving the room.

She looked at her bed and saw her phone lit up. She picked it up and noticed Emma messaged her.

Emma: do you need a ride to work today? Xx

Regina: I'm not coming in until a little later. I have a doctor's appointment x

Emma: message me how it goes. I sort out the paperwork for the case and have a look. See you later xx

Regina: bye swan X

Regina through her phone back on the bed before starting to get dressed. Once done her and Dani got into the car.

"Ma you really don't look good. What's going on" Dani asked looking at her mum in concern.

"I'll talk to you later about it. I'm fine ok" Regina replied with a slight sigh as she parked at the school.

"Don't fucking tell me then. Just trying to help" Dani huffed as she got out the car and slammed it shut.

"She takes after me way too much" Regina sighed before she started driving away.

She drove to the doctors and sighed in. Waiting nervously in the waiting room. Her name was finally called and she went in.

"Hello miss mills" doctor Bailey said with a smile as he watched her walk in. She gave a slight smile and sat down. "So you think your pregnant"

"Yeah. I took the test and it was positive. The last time I had sex... Well with a guy was 6 weeks ago. I sent in a sample of my urine to find out for definite though" Regina replied a little awkwardly at certain parts.

"Yes that sounds correct. I was just emailed the results of that. Let me open it up" bailey said as he searched through his email. He opened it up and read the information. "Ok so I'm not sure how you will take this news but I'm afraid your not pregnant"

"I'm not?" Regina questioned as she sat forward and looked shocked. Confusion filled her face. She wasn't sure if that was good news or bad. "Are you sure"

"Yes. You must have had as false positive"

"What about my period"

"It's common for women to miss one. I'm really sorry miss mills but this does mean we can start the treatment on you this month" bailey replied trying to find a reason to smile.

"This is good. Being pregnant would be the hardest thing right now. What about the kidney? Is there a donor yet" Regina asked trying to convince herself more than anyone.

"No. We don't yet but one is worse than the other so we are going to get that out as soon as possible so withing this month. Once you recover we'll start treatment for you liver. We will find you a donor Regina. I promise it's just your blood is pretty rare" Bailey replied making sure his face was positive.

"Thank you. I have hope" Regina said as she was breathing slowly to keep herself calm.

"Good. Regina stay hopeful. I will try my best and do everything I can"

"Thank you so much. I have to get going I have work but you were lots of help today"

Both stood up and shook hands. Regina left the room and closed the door. She leaned against the wall still processing everything. She took her phone out and messaged Emma.

Regina: I am on my way

She just looked at the black screen on her  phone and didn't know what to do. She just looked at it. Her brain searching for something to do. She kept telling herself that not being pregnant is a good thing but she wasn't fooling herself. She got her hopes up that she could be a mum again.

Emma: good or bad news? Xx

Regina: I don't know. I'll tell you when I get to work x

Regina pushed off the wall and slipped her phone into her pocket. She brushed herself off and took another few deep breaths. Just as she went to walk away the door opened. Bailey came out and smiled to see Regina.

"Just the person I wanted to talk to. I forgot about your job. For now I can't tell you to work at the desk but I highly recommend it" he softly said knowing it could be dangerous for her.

"I have a huge case. I can't work at my desk. Not until I really have to" Regina replied deep down wanting to be with Emma more.

"Well I can't force you but I recommend it"

"Thank you. Have a good day"

Regina ignored his advice as she drove back to work. She arrived and went into the building. Heading to office room 2 where Emma said she was. She walked in awkwardly and looked across at the blonde smiling back at her.

"Hey. How was it" Emma asked standing up to go over to her.

"I'm not pregnant" Regina replied finally saying it out loud.

Tears instantly came to her eyes because of that. She didn't think she wanted this until she found out she wasn't. Emma looked upset at her and pulled her into her arms.

"Ow Regina"