32

The women arrived at the crime scene. On the floor was an outline of where the body was and blood still across the floor. Blood stains up the wall too. Regina bent down to look. She then felt a weird feeling in her stomach.

"I'll be back in a second" she quickly said while walking towards the bathroom. Emma shrugged it off and examined the room. Regina threw up into the toilet. One hand gripping her stomach and another holding the toilet lid. She was throwing up a lot until she finally crashed next to the toilet. "Fuck"

She wiped her mouth and stood up. She looked around the room to see if she could see anything match the case. She didn't so she went back to the main room.

"I found this. The knife fits the measurements of the stab wounds and I recon we can get some good prints from it" Emma said annoyed holding a large chopping knife in her hand.

"Bag it. Let's bring the wife in and talk to her" Regina orders sternly as she tried to forget she was just sick.

"What were you doing in there" Emma asked a little confused as she looked towards the bathroom.

"It's nothing to do with you" Regina replied looking down a little awkwardly at the floor.

Emma sighed and led the way out. Regina followed still looking at the floor. They got into the car and just sat awkwardly. Emma had calmed down now and knew she had to break the silence.

"What's wrong? You haven't been the same since Wednesday. Did I do something wrong" Emma softly questioned as she gave a small glance across at the brunette woman.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you" Regina replied looking out the window feeling the shame.

"Then if I didn't do anything wrong was it someone else" Emma asked knowing something is seriously wrong.

"No. Its really not important. I'm sorry ok" Regina sighed her response still looking out the window.

"So it must be something you done. What did you do? Are you in trouble or something" Emma asked glancing across as she placed one hand on the brunettes shoulder.

"I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle" Regina replied her voice cracking and eyes teared up.

"You say while crying" Emma comments with such disbelief in her tone.

"I'm not crying. I promise to chill out and not take any of my anger out on you but you gotta stop asking me. I can't tell you" Regina begged with a large sigh as she threw her head back and closed her eyes.

"Alright. As for working with me. I'll keep our your hair. Now as for me and you... I'll also keep out your hair" Emma replied as she looked back forward and tried to hide the fact she was annoyed.

"Thank you" Regina simply said before glueing her eyes back to the window. She placed her hand over her stomach and looked down at it. She felt a weird feeling again and put her hand over her mouth. "Pull over"

"What"

"Pull over now"

Emma quickly turned the car onto another road. She park the car meaning Regina could get out. She did quickly before throwing up into a drain next to her. Emma looked worried and got out. Running around the car to see if she can help in anyway.

"Regina seriously? What is going on" Emma asked holding the brunette locks in her hand.

"I'm... I'm... I'm f-" Regina tries to say before throwing up again into the toilet. She finally stopped and caught her breath. "I'm fine"

"Your not. Are you sick" Emma asked helping her partner up from the ground.

"I said I'm fine. Just drop it swan like I said" Regina replied while climbing back into the car.

"Regina"

"I said drop it!" Regina snapped before slamming the door shut. Emma pulled it open causing the brunette to grow even more angry. "Swan stop it"

"Then talk to me! I've had enough of this and we haven't even been on this case for 2 hours" Emma finally shouted as she let all her anger out.

Regina looked forward trying to ignore she was there. The more she thought about what was wrong the more tears ran down her cheeks. Her eyes were glued shut in attempt to stop crying but more and more just came. Emma didn't know what to do. She'd never seen Regina break down like this. She pulled the fragile woman into her arms and held her close.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" Regina apologized as she sobbed into the blondes strong arms.

Emma kept her close. She could feel Regina's tight grip on her shirt. Emma rubbed her back to help sooth her. She was still angry with Regina but seeing her broken like this hurt.

"Please explain what's going on" Emma asked holding the smaller woman in her tight hold.

"I done some bad things and now I'm facing the consequence. I just want it to be my secret until it gets out. I'm sorry" Regina replied still crying but trying so hard to calm down.

"Alright. It's ok you don't have to talk to me but seriously calm the fuck down. When your ready to talk then come to me" Emma softly said stroking the brunettes hair to sooth her.

"Thanks. Don't ever tell someone you saw me cry" Regina quickly said as she pulled away and wiped her eyes to get rid of the tears.

"I won't tough guy" Emma chuckled as she stood up with a smile.

She closed the door as she stood back up straight. She knew exactly what was going on. She just didn't know why Regina wasn't saying anything but she knew what it was. Regina sighed and rested her head on the glass. She watched as Emma walked slowly around the car processing what she saw.

"Shit I think I'm falling for her. I wish this wasn't happening" Regina whispered to herself as she watched the blonde longingly.