42

It's a week later. Regina was sat at home. Since she's going through treatment she has the day off today. Dani was at school and Emma at work. Mostly slacking off like she always did. Regina was sat watching TV but since she was tired she was started falling asleep. Her phone then started ringing.

"Hello" Regina sleepily answered as she sat up to wake herself up.

"Hello miss mills. It's Doctor smith here" the brunettes doctor replied with a smile at the sound of her voice.

"Awe hi. How can I help you"

"I have some news for you regarding your kidney. We have a donor for you" he replied with a huge smile across his face.

"Ow my god... You do" Regina asked as she sat even more forward from the shock she just heard.

"Yes miss mills. This person asked to have there kidney given to you because of who you are"

"Because of who I am?"

"A successful detective and mother. We will email you more information about when it will happen but it's official. Your getting a kidney. Also I don't want to jinx it but your odds with the liver treatment are looking good" doctor Smith replied smiling brightly as he was so happy for her.

"So I have a chance at surviving" Regina questioned on the edge of her seat in excitement and shock.

"Yes miss mills. A very high chance"

"Ow my god... Thank you so much"

"Your very welcome miss mills. Have a good rest of your day" doctor Smith replied happy he was able to give her good news.

"And you. Thank you. Bye" Regina quickly said before hanging up.

She looked at the ground with her phone resting against her lips. Thinking about what she just heard. She smiled brightly as happy tears came to her eyes. A wave of relief took over her and allowed her to be happy. She quickly looked at her phone and went to message Emma.

Regina: are you busy??? Xx

Emma: no just bored at work. Why? What's up xx

Regina: any chance you can come to mine for a few minutes. I need to talk to you xx

Emma: sure. Good or bad? Xx

Regina: good xx

Emma: alright I'm on my way😊xx

Regina rested on the sofa so over the moon by what she just found out. Emma was at her desk. She was working on a case. It wasn't much just a child stealing from a shop. She stood up and put her badge and gun into her jacket. Emma quickly left before her boss questioned her. She got into her car and started driving towards Regina's house. Her phone then started ringing.

"Hello" she answered resting it between her shoulder and her ear.

"Hey Emma. It's penny. I have a scan tomorrow. Are you coming" penny questioned sounding as if she was in a busy place.

"Yes please. I booked the day off for it" Emma replied with an excited smile across her face since this is her first scan to go to.

"Alright just checking. Ow umm... If you want to bring Regina you can. I guess you two being together she's going to be part of it" penny awkwardly shrugged knowing it was something she should offer.

"I'll talk to her about it if your sure you don't mind. Thanks penny. Means a lot" Emma replied glad her ex is understanding.

"Yeah of course. Least I can do. I gotta go. Bye em" penny softly said in a still awkward voice before hanging up.

Emma smiled at the fact she was seeing her baby in a scan tomorrow. Soon she arrived at Regina's house. Still happy from her phone call. She went to the door and knocked. It flew open and Regina pulled the blonde into a kiss. Straight away deepening it. Emma was taken back but joined it anyway. They stayed in the kiss until air became a problem. Causing Emma to pull away.

"Wow that was unexpected. Did you just invite me over for a quicky" Emma asked sliding her hands to the brunettes hips.

"No but now you said it we're doing that. I have to talk to you first" Regina replied with a chuckle as her arms hung around the blondes neck.

"What is it then? You seem really happy" Emma questioned looking down at her with a soft smile.

"I got a donor. I'm getting a kidney em. I might actually beat this cancer" Regina quickly said as she got excited in the blondes arms.

"Yeah I know" Emma replied with a chuckle.

"What? How" Regina questioned in pure shock as she pulled away.

"You know your not the smartest cookie in the jar" Emma replied still laughing a little at the confused brunette. "Your blood type can take from any other type. Meaning a certain blonde that's B-positive was able to give you her very healthy kidney" Emma explained with a smirk across her face at her genius plan.

"You... You?" Regina questioned looking so shocked at what she just heard.

"Of course baby" Emma replied smirking as she held her arms out.

Regina looked at her full of surprises. Her knees went weak and she started to drop. Emma caught her and pulled her into her body. Regina securely put her arms around Emma's neck as she held herself up.

"Ow my god... Your giving me your kidney... I love you" Regina softly said as she was still looking pure shocked at what she heard.

"I love you too. Now... How about that quicky" Emma asked as she smirked and bit her lip.

Regina's face grew into a large smirk. She grabbed Emma's hand and led her upstairs. Both running like teenagers doing it for the first time. As they went into the room Emma lifted Regina over her shoulder and threw her onto the bed. Causing her to laugh hysterically. Emma leaned over on top of her as she started laughing as well.

"Your so fucking weird. I do love you my dumb partner" Regina laughed as she looked into the green eyes she loved.

"I love you too" Emma replied with a cheesy smile as she leaned down closer.

They joined lips in a deep and passionate kiss. And that is how Regina Mills some how fell in love with her dumb partner.

The end...