Chapter 25

Molly's POV

"I am sweating in this shit," Felix whines to me as we start moving into our lines to go into our graduation ceremony.

"At least you're not in a dress. This thing is riding up in all the wrong places," I complain.

He snorts, "Attractive Molly."

"You know it," I reply.

"So did you think of anything last night?" Felix lowers his voice, pulling me over to the side.

I shake my head, "No, I've got nothing. No motives or leads or anything for Shockwave. It's weird Felix. Usually these goons are easy to catch. They're pre-programmed. This one is not only hiding out, but biding its time. It fucking named itself for Christ's sake."

"I don't think Shockwave is just a goon."

"Felix, Molly!" A teacher calls, giving us the evil eye, "Get in your lines." I roll my eyes.

"We'll talk about this later. We're still on for the roof tonight, right?" I nod. Felix grins at me, then moves back with the other O last names. I move up with the other H kids, feeling nervous.

~

"Your row is two away," Felix whispers from behind me, making my stomach flip anxiously. I can see Luke, Ash, Michael, Calum, Ben, Jack, mum, and dad all in the crowd, constantly snapping pictures of me. Chief Owens is near them, a proud smile on her face.

"Do you want to make me puke?" I whisper back, keeping my eyes trained up ahead as our classmates cross the stage.

"Molly what's that?" He suddenly demands. "Look right up over the stage. Tell me it doesn't look like something is hurdling towards us." My eyes find it, and my stomach drops. Fuck. A few other kids start whispering as they see it. Suddenly, it connects with the top covering of the stage and explodes. A shock goes through the ground and smoke clouds the air. Chairs and kids topple over. I hit the ground face first, knocking my cap off of my head. I cough and sit up in time to see a figure emerging through the smoke on the stage. No one moves a muscle. The smoke clears some, revealing the figure. Shockwave.

She's dressed in a dark green leather jumpsuit. A dark green mask covers her eyes and half of her entire face. Her eyes scan the crowd as a smirk grows on her lips.

"Which one of you is Psyche?" She calls out, her voice echoing. Murmurs. I don't dare look back at my family.

"Fine," she sighs, cracking her neck, "Molly Hemmings and Felix Owens, if you two aren't up in front of me in ten seconds, I'm gonna blow up everyone here." I see Felix scrambling to his feet as she counts. I do the same thing. We move to right in front of the stage. She smiles cruelly at us.

"Who the hell are you?" Felix shouts up, his glasses crooked. He doesn't recognize her in her new outfit.

"Shockwave," she whispers. In an instant, she has a gun out and is firing at Felix's chest.

"No!" I scream, blue energy flying down my arms. It surrounds him. The bullet drops to the ground. Gasps. I ignore the cell phones trained on us.

Shockwave grins wildly, "Welcome to the public eye, Psyche."