Chapter 3

Molly's POV

"They've told us the exact same thing for three days straight," Felix jokes as we walk out of school and down the sidewalk. We turn left and head to a little ice cream shop.

"And I slept through it all three times," I reply, making him laugh. "So Luke and the boys came home last night. I was asleep when he got back. Petunia and I both flipped."

"So that's why you didn't text," he says, smiling, "Are you and Luke going over to see the others later?"

I shrug, "I doubt it. He's supposed to be hanging out with Sierra all day. Ash is probably with KayKay, and Michael is probably with Crystal."

"Calum?" He inquires, holding the door open for me.

"Duke," I laugh, "I don't know. We might have dinner together, or they all might come over for drinks later." I roll my eyes. It's not fun being the only minor. We order and pay.

"You can always come over and hang out at my place. I think my mom is working the graveyard shift. We don't even have to look at Psyche related stuff." He lowers his voice to a whisper.

"I don't know. I might just sleep all day." He laughs as we take our ice cream cones and leave the shop.

"So who'd you invite to graduation with the ten thousand tickets you needed?"

I roll my eyes at his remark, "Luke, Ash, Mikey, Cal, Sierra, Crystal, KayKay, mum, dad, Jack, and Ben. My parents and brothers are supposed to be flying in sometime this week. Thank God only Ben and Jack are staying with Luke and I. Our parents booked a hotel room."

"Still don't get along with your parents?"

"We just don't understand each other. My mum is trying to make me both Drew and Molly since Drew is gone. She never really knew me because Drew was always overshadowing me. So now she thinks she has a blank-ish template to paint her ideal daughter on. I don't know."

"And your dad?"

I snort, "It's just hella awkward. We don't know how to talk to each other. He usually just sides with mum on everything or gives me sympathetic glances. Dad has never really been close with me or even Drew. You better tell your mum I'm gonna be spending time at your house when my family drives me to the brink of insanity."

Felix laughs, "I'm sure she won't mind at all. You know she loves you, Molly. Probably more than she loves me."

"Only because I know how to fucking listen to her." We both break out into giggles. I pull my phone out of my pocket and check it. "Luke wants me to come home. Apparently the guys and girls are over to hang out."

"Okay. I'll see you in an hour," Felix replies, biting into his ice cream like the crack head he is. I stare at him blankly. "The charity thingy," he elaborates, "For the kids who lost a parent in the military or as a first responder. It's literally being televised. Psyche is the main guest. Ringing any bells?"

"Motherfucker," I swear, "Yeah, okay. I'll be there. Outside the police station?" He nods and amused smile on his lips. I roll my eyes and turn invisible before super speeding back home.