Chapter 41

Molly's POV

I'll be honest, I'm surprised to wake up this time. My eyes fly open, and I see the EMTs surrounding my body. 

"Fuck!" One of the medics screams, falling backward. "Her eyes just flew open."

"Molly!" Calum yells. I hear someone run over.

"But how-" mum stops. I groan softly and sit up, holding onto my stomach.

I glance around at my family, who are all crying, then smile, "You didn't actually think I was gone, did you?" Calum drops down to his knees beside me and grabs my face before kissing me. I melt against him, holding onto his body tightly. I smile, running my hands through his soft hair.

"Holy shit," Michael laughs. I ignore him, focused on Calum at the moment. We break apart a few seconds later. I rest my forehead against his and wipe his tears as they roll down his cheeks.

"It's okay," I whisper to him, "It's okay, Calum."

"Don't do that shit again," he chokes out, a smile on his face. I laugh and wipe his cheeks again.

"How are you alive?" Jack calls, "We just watched you die! You died! Molly, I don't understand."

I laugh at my brother's comments as and stand up, gripping Calum's hand, "It's kind of a long story. And hard to explain." Felix runs over and hugs me tightly. The ground starts to shake violently beneath us. I raise my arms up, trying to keep the ceiling from crushing everyone. Then it stops. Aftershock. Fucking hell can't I ever get a break?

"Chief Owens!" I yell, grabbing my mask. I tie it on my head again, "Get them all out of this building. Clear the perimeter, and try to evacuate as many nearby buildings as you can. This shit isn't over yet." Chief Owens nods. I kiss Calum one last time, then turn and walk towards a hole in the wall. My blue energy radiates from my arms. 

"I'm going with her, mom," Felix tells his mum as he runs over to me. I grin and fist bump him before he grabs ahold of me. I grin at my family, then the two of us walk out of the hole and fly upwards.

"What is it?" Felix yells as we land on the roof.

"I thought you were dead, Psyche," Aftershock calls, strolling around the roof as he watches us.

"I thought you didn't have powers, Clint," I taunt.

"I was born without them, yes," he agrees, his arms behind his back, "But with Shockwave's help, I've obtained them."

"You manipulated a young girl and nearly turned her to a life of crime, you bastard," I yell, "You're nothing but a coward."

"A coward who now has Tremor's powers."

I gasp, "You didn't." Felix's face is white.

"It was oh so easy. All it took was convincing that child that her daddy loved her, and Psyche was the bad guy. She was more than willing to hand over his tech and take me to his grave. The power extraction was easy. Almost as easy as convincing her to steal yours," Clint continues.

"It's a shame that all if that hard work is going to be going to waste," I note, watching as his entire body shakes violently.

Clint laughs louder, "You think I don't know that these powers aren't compatible with me, Psyche?" My confidence falls. "I'm a time bomb about to either level Los Angeles or blow you to pieces. Either way, I win, Molly. Make your choice."

"Felix go back down. Get to safety," I order, pushing him to the stairs. I rush Clint and grab his body as I fly us both up higher and higher.

"Excellent choice, Molly," Clint agrees, watching as we get higher and higher in the clouds. His body is shaking even more now. "I bet you didn't plan on Shockwave coming back to and hurting your family down below while you're up here." He waits for my reaction.

"Shockwave is in police custody," I answer, struggling to keep going because of his weight, "It's over, Aftershock. I win." His eyes grow wide before his body explodes, just simply vaporizing. A loud boom pierces the air. The force smacks into my body, sending me flying straight down to the street way, way below us. I squeeze my eyes closed and brace for impact.