Chapter 20

Molly's POV

"So where did you disappear off to yesterday? I mean, Molly, we hadn't seen you in almost two days. If it weren't for game night," Ben has a smile on his face as he teases me.

"Out with a friend," I lie, panting as we jog up the trail, "I spent the night at their house then hung out the next day."

"This mystery Felix that Luke keeps mentioning?" Jack laughs as I punch Luke.

"It was Felix's house, but Luke is fucking delusional. Felix is literally only my best friend." Ben nods. We come to the first stop on the trail and slow down.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom," Ben informs the three of us. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

"We're gonna take Petunia over to the doggy area and get her a drink," Luke tells him. Ben flashes us a thumbs up as he heads over to the log cabin style building. Luke, Jack, Petunia, and I make our way over to the spot with large dog bowls and water pumps. Petunia reaches the bowls and eagerly starts drinking.

"Are we done yet?" Jack whines, doubled over. "Would it be totally gross if I got a drink out of those bowls?"

"Yeah," I say at the same time Luke says no. I roll my eyes at the boys.

"I'll fucking kill you!" Someone screams, "I swear to fucking God!"

"Shit," Luke mumbles, looking around. It came from a little bit off the path, in a wooded area. I bite my lip and pull my phone out.

"Luke call Chief Owens. Both of you, give me your shirts. I can't fucking believe I'm about to do this shit," I mumble to myself. My older brothers oblige, giving me their sweaty shirts. I pull Jack's tee shirt on over my sports bra. I take a deep breath and pull Luke's sweaty tank top over my head, covering my face. Thank God the material is thin enough to kind of see through.

"Molly, what are you doing?" Jack asks, watching me gag.

"Trying to not throw up bc this sweaty shirt is all over my face," I sass, "When Ben gets out, tell him I'm in the bathroom. How far is Chief Owens?"

"She says she already had a chopper in the air for patrol, and they'll be here in like five minutes." I nod and activate my blue energy before jogging over to the general area of the screaming.

It doesn't take long to find the couple. It's an older man with a younger girl. The girl is on the ground, shaking. The man is pacing back and forth by her. There's a broken phone on the ground by her feet. I take a deep breath and gag on the smell of sweat. Fuck this superhero shit, man. The man suddenly lunges forward, gripping the girl's forearms tightly. She winces and looks away.

"Hey!" I shout, "Get the fuck away from her!" I come into view.

"Psyche?" He asks, confused by my outfit choice. I rush him, tackling the man to the ground. He struggles beneath me, but I keep him pinned down.

"The cops are gonna be here soon," I assure the girl, "You're gonna be fine."

"Thank you," she chokes out. I smile and nod before realizing she can't even see me smile. Fuck this stupid shirt.

Twenty minutes later, the man is handcuffed and on his way to the police station in the helicopter, and the girl is being escorted back down the trail by a new female cop. I jog around, back over to the bathrooms. I see Ben standing there with Luke, Jack, and Petunia. His back is to me. I pull the shirts off of me and walk up to them.

"Sorry guys," I apologise. I give them their shirts back.

"So why did Molly need your shirts while in the bathroom?" Ben asks, an amused smile on his lips. They both stay quiet. Cowards.

"They wanted me to dry them out using the hand dryers because they were so fucking sweaty," I lie, kind of impressed with myself.

"If you say so, Psyche," The smile changes into a knowing smirk.

I shrug in defeat, "You got me. Did you just figure it out?"

"Fuck no," Ben laughs, "You don't honestly think that Jack figured it out on his own, do you? I suggested it one night after the tour disaster, and he beat me to asking you about it."

"Wait. Since when does Jack know?" Luke cuts in, frowning, "I mean, I thought he just found out when your arms starting glowing blue twenty minutes ago."

"Last night on the roof," Jack answers.

"Keep up, Luke," I giggle.

"Did you really think he just gave Molly his shirt no questions asked and just let her run over to those people without knowing her identity?" Ben questions, making Jack and I laugh harder.

Luke's cheeks get red from embarrassment, "Petunia's ready to continue the trail." He takes off jogging again. I giggle and join Ben and Jack as we speed up to catch him.