Chapter 31

Molly's POV

"Hey Molly," Felix calls. I don't look back at him or react. I hear his footsteps as he comes closer. He sits beside me on the edge of the roof, his arm brushing up against mine.

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice emotionless.

"We've been looking for you," he replies, "Your family is worried about you, Molly. You disappeared two days ago without a trace. We've been so worried."

I shrug, "I'm eighteen. I can do whatever I want." I see Felix roll his eyes at my comment.

"Even so, this isn't good for you, Molly. I know you're going through a lot right now, but you can't just run away and shut everyone out. I know we really don't understand what you're going through, but we can still help you. Please come home," he pleads, his voice shaking.

"I'll come back when I get my powers back," I tell him, standing up. I move to another side, looking out at the city.

"So that's why you left," Felix states, sounding pissed, "You're trying to prove a point or some bullshit?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you're too goddamn stubborn to realize that none of us give a fuck you don't have your powers anymore. You still think that we all only love you because you're Psyche-"

"Shut up."

"You think without your powers, we'll just abandon you-"

"Shut the fuck up, Felix!" I scream, breathing heavily. "You don't know shit!"

"I know you, Molly," he reminds me, "I know how much you're hurting. I know you used to use your powers randomly to impress the boys and I because you thought it made you look cooler in our eyes. I know you used to have nightmares about Luke using you for your powers like Drew did. I know you only let me have the mask and help you because you thought that if you didn't, I'd lose interest in you and stop being your friend. I know the only reason you ran away two days ago is because you're scared shitless that if the boys saw you depressed again and without powers, they might stop hanging out with you and leave you behind. I know you've been worrying that Calum will break up with you because you're not Psyche anymore. I know your worst fear is that the boys will stop loving you if you lose your powers." I break down crying, my body trembling. I sink down to the ground. Felix holds onto my body tightly, rubbing my back to try to comfort me.

"Molly, look at me," Felix commands. I slowly tilt my chin up, staring at my best friend's face. "I swear to you, not having powers does not take away the fact that you are Psyche. You're Psyche- with or without your powers. It wasn't the powers that made you super."

I hug him tightly, "I'm ready to go home now." He nods and helps me up. Together, the two of us slowly climb down the roof and walk down the sidewalk towards mine and Luke's house.