Chapter 6

Luke's POV

"What the hell was that?" Sierra asks me, gripping my arm tightly. She stares up at the ceiling, her eyes wide. Molly just came through her window and took a hard landing, it sounds like.

"Uh," I laugh nervously, "I don't know. I'll go check it out. You stay with Petunia." She frowns and starts to protest. I move quickly, just about sprinting upstairs to Molly's room. I knock on her closed door. Nothing. I push the door open, my eyes closed.

"Luke," Molly cries out. I open my eyes and see my baby sister laying on her floor. She's covered in blood, cuts, bruises, dirt, and a whole bunch of other shit. Her leather jacket and pants have rips in them. I drop on ground beside her, unsure of how to help.

"Molly," I call, "Molly what hurts?"

"Everything," she gasps out. Tears run down her face. I bite my lip, unsure of what to do. "Who's here?"

"Just me, you, and Sierra," I assure her, feeling helpless.

"I need Sierra," Molly chokes out. My eyes get wide.

"Molly, if she sees you like this, she'll know about Psyche."

"Sierra!" Molly cries out, "Sierra! Sier-" She stops short, gasping for breath. My girlfriend runs into the room. Her eyes grow wide at the sight of Molly lying on the floor.

"What do you need, Molly?" Sierra asks gently.

"Shockwave collapsed a couple buildings on me and glass from the windows cut me. I need- fuck. Shockwave hit me and shoved something partially into one of the cuts. I can't get it out myself. Once that's out, I can probably heal." She nods. "I have tweezers in a first aid kit." I get up and get the box out of her closet. Molly sits up slightly and rips a larger hole in the thigh of her pants. A nasty gash runs across her left thigh. I can see a few glass shards in her flesh, plus the little metal thing she was talking about. My head spins and my stomach flips. Molly pulls her jacket off and bites down on the sleeve as Sierra starts trying to carefully remove the glass.

"A tracker?" I ask, not thinking that she's not really able to talk at the moment.

"If- shit- is linked to Tremor- dammit!"

"I'm sorry Molly," Sierra apologizes, her voice shaking.

"It's fine. Just keep going. I need it out." Sierra nods and grips the metal device with the tweezers. Molly takes my hand, squeezing tightly. She goes back to biting down on the jacket sleeve. Sierra yanks and it comes free. Molly crushes my hand in a death grip. I look away, feeling very light-headed.

"It's out," Sierra assures her, "It's just the glass now." Molly nods, tears still rushing down her face.

Thirty minutes later, Sierra is done pulling glass shards out of Molly's leg, and most of Molly's cuts are bandaged. She is also out of her Psyche clothes and in a pair of pajamas, which Sierra helped her into.

"Come here," I mutter softly as I pick my sister up off of the ground. I carefully lie her down on her bed. She turns the metal device around in her hand, staring at it intently.

"Tracker?" Sierra asks, her head tilted to the side.

"If Shockwave is part of Tremor's operation, they wouldn't need it. Tremor knew who I was. He knew everything about me. It wouldn't have been hard for them to figure it out. He was always calling me by my first name."

"Then what is it?" I jump in, sitting down beside Sierra.

"I don't know. Anyways, what time do we have to be at the restaurant?" Molly mumbles, looking over at me. She tosses the device into her closet. It lands on her Psyche clothes.

I laugh at her question, "You aren't going anywhere, Molls."

"Mum's gonna be mad if I don't go. I'm fine. I'm kinda healing already. I'll be fine."

"We'll text your parents and tell them that you were coming home and got hit by some of the debris and stuff from the fight and got a little hurt. They'll understand," Sierra assures her. Molly gives in.

"Hey Sierra," she says softly, "Thank you for your help. I know it was pretty gross. I would've just asked Luke for help, but he was ready to faint from just seeing the blood on my face. He'd have blacked out if he tried." I flip her off. Molly sticks her tongue out at me, already looking better than she was before. Thank God for her healing. Otherwise we would be having a hell of a time explaining that to mum and dad while also not letting them take her to her hospital.

Sierra laughs at Molly's analysis, "Anytime Molly. It's the least I can do since you save us all the time." My sister's cheeks turn rosey at the compliment.

"I did a pretty fucking awful job of that today. Shockwave is already so strong. Even Tremor wasn't this advanced in his tech and powers. I need to-" Molly starts getting up.

"Lay your ass back down in that bed," I cut in, glaring at her, "There is no way in hell you are going out again right now. Psyche is on hold until you are better, Molly." She huffs, but gives in, flopping backwards again. "Take a nap," I advise, "That always seems to heal you faster." She flips me off as she snuggles into her pillows, hiding her face from me and Sierra.