Chapter 7

Molly's POV

"I don't know why he made you come back here," I tell Calum as he sits down beside me on the couch, "I'm perfectly capable of being alone while they're out at dinner." He laughs and kisses me. I melt against him, forgetting all of my problems for a moment.

"Maybe because I was told you were supposed to be on bed rest, and when I got here, you were trying to drag your body through your window with your mask on?" Calum suggests, a small smile on his lips, "Cheer up, Molly. Luke's just worried about you. You should've heard him going off to your parents earlier when they tried giving him shit about letting you go out without telling him where you were going to be." I snuggle against him. His arm wraps around my shoulders.

"Aw," I say, "How sweet. Don't you just love it when your parents put their noses where they don't belong?"

"They're just being parents, Molly," Calum reminds me, "They've missed you these last two years."

"They were the ones who sent me to live with Luke across the world," I fire back, "Since not only Australia, but the whole goddamn world doesn't have a right place for Molly."

"And where would we be if you didn't come live with Luke?"

I sigh softly, "Sometimes it feels like people only want me around because I'm Psyche." I turn away from him, looking at the closed windows.

"That's not true at all, babe," he says, his voice soft. He takes his arm off of my shoulders and grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers. "You know we all love you to death. I mean, Crystal, KayKay, and Sierra don't even know about you being Psyche, and they love you."

"Sierra knows now, and they like me fine enough. Most of the reason they hang around me is because I'm around you guys so much. I don't know. Maybe I'm just thinking about this too much. It's just so hard to tell if people actually like me or not."

"We do love you, Molly," Calum emphasizes, "I don't know if you need to separate you from Psyche. I mean, you are Psyche. She's always going to be a part of you. I don't think Psyche fans see you and think that they only love the person wearing the mask and not the person underneath it. Molly, you've tou-"

"Shut up," I command, cutting him off.

"Just listen to me, Molly."

"Calum, I'm serious. Shut the fuck up. I think I hear something upstairs." Something thumps loudly above us. We both look up. Petunia gets up, growling loudly. I snap, and she comes over to me. I cling to her collar, not wanting her to get hurt or anything. There's loud crashing upstairs.

"We need to call Chief Owens," Calum whispers, his eyes wide.

"Not a fucking chance," I reply, struggling to get to my feet. My bad leg nearly gives out under my weight. I stumble forward. Calum catches me. I steady myself and crack my neck as I activate my blue energy. It rushes up and down my arms.

"Molly," Calum snaps, still holding onto my arm. He has Petunia's collar with his other hand. "You can barely fucking stand. Sit your ass down. We're calling Chief Owens. You're in no shape-"

"I'm just gonna super speed up and check it out," I defend, pulling out of his grasp. I try to take off running, but trip and fall into a chair, pushing it back a few feet. I land on my leg and hiss in pain. Calum rushes to his feet and helps pull me up.

"What the hell was that? Why didn't you super speed?" I swallow, my throat dry.

My cheeks heat up as my stomach flips nervously, "I don't know. I guess my powers just had a little buffer moment."

"Buffer? What are they running off the fucking wifi now?"

I roll my eyes and grip his shirt tightly, "Just help me get upstairs. I need legs, and you need protection." He bites his lip but doesn't argue. We make our way upstairs and into my room.

I push the door open and gasp. My room is completely trashed. Furniture is overturned, dresser drawers are hanging out or on the ground, clothes are strewn all over the place.

"What the fuck?" Calum whispers, staring at the disaster.

"Someone was looking for something," I connect, "and whoever it was, they got what they were looking for." I nod towards the curtains blowing back in forth in the wind feeling like complete shit.