Chapter 4

Molly's POV

"Kid!" Calum laughs, holding his arms open. He has a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. I rush forward, hugging him tightly.

"I'm graduating high school, Cal," I remind him, "I hardly think I'm a kid anymore."

"Yeah, I know," Calum mumbles, a smile on his face. He pulls me closer to him, leaning his face down slightly. I laugh and push him away, my cheeks rosey. He groans, "Fucking tease."

"Hey Molls," Luke laughs nervously as he walks over, "We kind of have a little surprise."

"What?"

"Wait a second. I don't want to be around when you tell her," Calum tells Luke as he rushes into the living room with the others. I frown more.

"So you know how mum, dad, and the others weren't supposed to be here for a few more days?" I close my eyes and rub my temples. "Well, they kinda flew in early to spend more time with us. Mum and dad are taking me, you, Sierra, Ben, and Jack out for dinner in about an hour or so."

"No!" I exclaim, "I have the charity thingy for kids who lost a parent in the military or as a first responder. I can't skip it, Luke. It's for charity."

"I told them we weren't busy because that's what you told me," he whisper yells, "Molly they made reservations. I might be able to get them to bump it back a little, but there's no way in hell that you're getting out of this. You know how mum gets about her family stuff."

I sigh in defeat, "Fine. I need a cover story though. Any ideas?"

"Hanging out at your boyfriend's house?" I stop cold. He doesn't know. How could he? "How is Felix?" He  continues. Oh thank God. I smack Luke's arm hard, making him laugh.

"Felix is not my boyfriend," I snap, "Just forget it. I'll come up with it myself. Fuck."

"Hey," Luke calls, grabbing my arm as I start to walk away, "What's wrong, Molls?"

"I'm just so tired and stressed. I thought I was gonna have time to try to figure out this Shockwave shit before they got here, and now I don't, and I just- I'm tired. I'm sorry, Luke." He nods, holding me tight.

"You'll get it sorted, Molly," he assures me. I nod again, not feeling better. "Come on. Before mum and dad come out here." We move into the living room where all of the others are gathered, watching television and talking loudly.

"Molly!" Michael exclaims. I wave. Crystal and KayKay hug me tightly. I relax slightly. They let go of me, and I hug Sierra.

"Hey Molly," a voice calls behind me. I turn and see all the others standing there.

"Nice of you to come back home," mum says, a small smile on her face. I bite back a sarcastic comment and hug Ben and Jack tightly. Then mum and dad. The others watch us curiously. The boys all know about my strained relationship with my parents.

"Did you hear that we're going out for dinner later?" Jack asks me, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah," I answer, "But I actually have plans for the next few hours. I'm supposed to be leaving in like ten minutes. I was wondering if we could push dinner back a few hours. Please?"

"You can't reschedule your plans?" Mum inquires, raising an eyebrow, "We just got here. We want to spend time with you, Molly."

"In just a little over an hour, our beloved Psyche will be here to help cheer up and meet some of the kids who have lost a parent to military or first responder deaths," a news reporter cuts in, making me turn and look at the television.

I shake my head no, "Not really. They're pretty set in stone. I'm sorry." Mum frowns.

"It's fine, Molly," Ben assures me. I smile up at him.

"Anyways," Ashton cuts in, saving me from my parents, "We missed you so much Molly. Get your ass over here." I laugh and go over, hugging him tightly. The others return to their previous conversations. I break away from Ashton and slip upstairs to go get changed into my Psyche clothes.