Chapter 8

Molly's POV

"Hey guys!" Luke calls as the front door opens, "We're back home!" I move my legs off of Calum's lap before he can see them.

"Hey Luke," Calum greets, turning around to see him. I pause the TV and turn back as well. Ben, Jack, Luke, and Sierra walk into the living room.

"How you feeling, kid?" Jack asks, messing up my hair as he walks behind the couch to the loveseat, "We heard you ditched us because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and got hurt in the fight earlier.

"Yeah," I agree, pulling up the material of my shorts to expose my mid thigh, "Glass cuts." My oldest brothers stare at my wound in shock.

"That's fucking sick," Ben tells me, "It's gonna leave one hell of a scar too."

"Hey, I'm gonna head home guys," Sierra announces as she hugs Ben, Jack, and Calum goodbye. She gets to me and pulls me in tight, holding onto my body tightly, "Call anytime you need help pulling shit out of cuts." I snort and nod, still holding onto her.

"Bye babe," Luke says, kissing Sierra. She smiles, kissing him back. They break apart, and she pets Petunia before leaving.

"So you were pretty close to Psyche and that Shockwave person earlier, huh?" Ben asks, "What was it like seeing them so close up? We all watched the fight on television, and it was insane. We were hoping to maybe spot Psyche on a tour or something like that. We didn't expect to see her in a fight."

I shrug, "It was okay. I'm just used to this shit by now. I swear, Psyche's saved 5SOS' asses so many times now that it kinda feels like we see her once a week for dinner. I almost feel like I know her personally." Luke rolls his eyes. Calum catches my eye and flips me off, his hand hidden from Ben and Jack. I snort softly.

"How does your leg feel?" Jack inquires, a frown on his face.

"It hurts like a bitch," I admit, "Calum made me keep it elevated and have an ice pack on it all night."

"You'll thank me for it later, kid," Calum tells me, flicking the back of my head. I roll my eyes and push him away. Jack and Ben head up to bed a few minutes later, leaving Luke, Cal, and I sitting alone downstairs.

"Molly's powers are all fucked up," Calum immediately blurts out.

"Dude!" I exclaim, smacking his chest.

"What are you talking about?" Luke demands, his eyebrows scrunching together.

"Nothing," I lie, glaring at Calum.

"Either you're telling him or I am." I stay quiet. Calum takes that as an invitation to keep talking. "She tried to super speed earlier, and it wouldn't work. She couldn't. Apparently her powers are now hooked up to WiFi and buffering."

"Ha ha," I mock, "Are you ever gonna let that go?" He flashes me a grin, shaking his head no.

"Why are your powers acting up?" Luke cuts in, "Has this happened before?" I shake my head no.

"Someone also broke in earlier," Calum adds, "They completely trashed Molly's room. They found whatever they were looking for and were gone before we even got up there. It's weird, Luke."

"Molly, I don't like this," Luke tells me, his leg bouncing up and down.

"I'm not thrilled either, Luke. Especially since we have four extra people poking around now. I'll get it sorted though. Just- give me a few days." I get up quickly, gritting my teeth together as pain rushes through my leg. I take a step and stumble slightly.

"Here," Luke says, getting up, "I've got y-"

"I've got it," I cut in, "I'm good. I need to do this by myself." He backs off, watching as I clumsily limp over to the staircase and up to my bedroom.