Chapter 29

Molly's POV

I run up the stairs and into my bedroom, slamming the door closed behind me. I lock it and sink down to the ground, my chest and stomach hurting. I hold my arms in front of me and will my powers to activate. Nothing.

I take a deep breath and focus, begging for my blue energy to start swirling around my arms. Still nothing. They're gone. I break down crying, my body shaking as I sob violently. I curl up on the floor, bringing my knees to my chest as I cry. It's not fair.

"Molly?" Luke calls, knocking on my door, "Molly, can I come in?" I just continue crying.

"Molly please," Calum speaks up. God what if all of them are out there? Mum and dad too? The thought makes my stomach turn. It hits me that they all know now. Crystal, KayKay, mum, and dad. Fuck. The whole world knows now. I'm gonna have to live in my room for the rest of my life. 

"Molly what happened out there?" Ashton asks through the door. I scoot across the floor until I'm beside my bed. I reach up and pull my comforter down. It falls on top of me. I bring my knees back to my chest and cover my entire body with the blanket, wanting to disappear. I hear the door knob rattling as Luke unlocks the door. I grip my comforter tighter, not wanting to face them. My door creaks open, and the boys come inside. Three sit on my bed. One sits on the floor beside me and pulls my blanket covered body into his arms. I keep my head covered, not wanting them to see my tear stained face, but bury my face in their shirt. Calum.

"They're gone," I choke out after a few minutes, clinging to my boyfriend.

"What's gone, Molly?" Calum asks. He's holding onto me. I start crying harder, gripping his shirt through the blanket. One of them pulls the blanket off of my head. I squeeze my eyes closed, trying to cut off my tears.

"My powers," I whisper, "Shockwave took them. They're gone."

"Holy shit," Michael breathes out, "How is that even possible?"

"Those goddamn metal devices," I scream, getting up to my feet, "She fucking cuts me then shoves it into the cut and drains my powers. That's what Sierra pulled out of my leg, and I just let her come back and take it! I need to go get them back!" I try to storm across my room. Luke grabs my arm and pulls me back. "Let me go! Let me go-" I break down sobbing in his shirt. He rubs my back, trying to comfort me some.

"You can't go fight Shockwave," Michael tells me softly as Luke and I sit on my bed. I lay face down. "You don't have your powers or your fast healing or anything. You'll die, Molly."

"Being dead would be better than this feeling," I sob, "I can feel that my powers are gone. I feel empty. I-" I sob harder, unable to speak. The boys stay quiet, but remain sitting on my bed to try to comfort me some.