Chapter 44

Molly's POV

"So you're still gonna be Psyche? Even though your identity is out?" Jack asks while he hugs me.

"Yeah," I answer, "Bad guys don't stop because people know my name." He rolls his eyes and messes up my hair.

"Whatever you're doing, be careful," dad tells me, a smile on his face. I nod and hug him tightly.

"Don't ever forget how proud we are of you," mum instructs as I hug her. She kisses the top of my head. I sigh contently, just resting against her while she holds me.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come back to Australia for a little while?" Ben laughs, "I've gotten used to having you around. I'm gonna miss you."

I laugh, "I'll try to pop by every once in a while. 'Cause I can do that, you know?"

"Stop bragging, Molly," Luke tells me, a childish grin on his face as he sticks his tongue out at me. I mimic his action.

"Alright children," dad cuts in, laughing as he interrupts Luke and I, "Our flight leaves soon. We need to get going."

"Behave yourselves," mum reminds us.

"Take care of Luke," Jack calls as they walk away.

"Hey!" Luke protests. But it's too late. They're already gone. He pouts.

I giggle, "Come on, Lucas." My older brother sighs, but turns and starts walking with me as we move towards the exit of the airport. Luke slings his arm across my shoulders.

"It's gonna be weird as fuck at home without Ben and Jack there. And quiet," Luke points out, unlocking the car.

"Petunia is gonna miss them," I add, "She's really, really started to love them. If they stayed anymore, she might have loved them more than us." Luke nods, resting his head against his palm as we drive. I frown, "Are you good, Luke? I mean, they just left. You shouldn't be feeling homesick yet."

"Ha ha. You're so funny, Molly," he replies sarcastically, "I don't miss them-"

"I'm gonna fucking tell mum you said that!" I shriek. Luke switches which hand is holding the wheel, so he can hit me.

"I didn't fucking mean it like that, asshole," he tells me. I grin. "I just meant that missing them isn't what's on my mind at the moment."

I shrug, "So what is?" We pull up to a stoplight. Luke hesitates. I groan, "Oh come on, Luke. You have to tell me now."

He bites his lip, "You know how we're always saying the house is a little big for just the two of us?"

"Please don't say you want to move," I beg, not liking this conversation all of a sudden.

"Fuck no," my older brother assures me, "I love our house. I just- I- You know I love Sierra, right?" I smirk as I realize where this is going.

"Yeah."

"So I was thinking about asking her if she wants to move in since we have the space, and her lease is almost up and everything. But I want to make sure it's okay with you because you live there too, and I don't want you to be uncomfortable or anything. I want you to be honest, Molly. Don't just say something to make me feel better," Luke instructs, chewing his bottom lip nervously.

I laugh, "It's about fucking time you asked her. Jesus Luke, I wondering if I was gonna have to ask her for you."

"Wait so you're okay with this? Hundred percent?"

"I love Sierra to death, Luke. Like I said, if you don't ask her, I will."

He laughs, his shoulders relaxing, "That's awesome, Molly. Thank you for being so supportive. I think I'll ask her tonight."

I nod, "Sounds good. You guys have a date?"

"Yeah. You and Calum going out?"

"Nah. He, Ash, and KayKay are going to a party one of her friends is throwing. I'll probably patrol for a little while then just hang out in my pajamas with Petunia and the DVR."

"If you watch the Kardashians without me I swear to God-"

"Chill," I giggle, "I'll just watch HGTV instead."

Luke nods, "Is Felix gonna patrol too or no?"

I sigh, my smile fading, "He can't. He started police training early. His mum has cracked down and isn't letting him get distracted. She knows I can handle it alone for now."

"Damn," he mutters, "Everyone's lives are really changing, huh? Like this is a new chapter for everyone." He turns into the driveway and stops the car, pulling the keys from the ignition.

"Stop being so fucking cheesey and go get ready for your date. I expect a text as soon as you get an answer, or I'm calling and interrupting whatever the hell you two are doing." Luke laughs and flashes me a thumbs up as we walk up to the front door together.

The End

Okay so once again, it's not really the end. There's another book in the series. It's called Zero Hour, and it is out now, so please check it out and enjoy!