Chapter 33

Molly's POV

Michael is still passed out on my bed when I wake up. I glance at my phone. 7:15 a.m. I sigh and climb out of bed, making my way to the bathroom.

Once I'm done, I head downstairs with my phone in my hand. I go into the living room and spot the boys all sprawled out. Petunia and Luke are on the couch, his legs and arms hanging off the ends, Calum is on a air mattress by Ashton, Jack's on a recliner, and Ben is on the love seat. There's an empty recliner with a couple blankets and pillows on it. Michael's, I realize. I quietly tiptoe over to the chair, grabbing the remote on my way over. I sit down and wrap a blanket around my head, covering my messy hair. As I sit down, Petunia wakes up and spots me. She eagerly hops off of the couch, her entire body wriggling as she comes over to me, hopping up onto the chair. I smile and scratch her head as I turn the news on, making sure the volume is almost all the way down and the subtitles are on.

"-pop rock band, 5 Seconds Of Summer's Luke Hemmings was discovered to be the older brother of Los Angeles based superhero, Psyche, aka Molly Hemmings. Sources confirmed that Hemmings moved to LA three years ago with her older brother after the death of her twin sister-" I hit the channel up button.

"-unclear on whether the 5SOS' boys, her parents, or brothers knew the secret identity of Molly Hemmings, who three days ago, was revealed to be the superhero Psyche. More on the story when we come back from this brief commercial break." I squeeze my eyes closed, my throat growing tight. My heart begins to race, and tears gather in my eyes. This is my life now. I want to throw up. Petunia licks my cheeks. I hug her body tightly.

"Who turned on the television?" Jack murmurs grumpily, rubbing his eyes. He moves his hands and scans the room, his eyes landing on me. In an instant, he's scrambling to his feet and by my side, pulling me into a tight hug. I hold him, needing to be comforted. Petunia rests her head on my leg, her way of assuring me she's there.

"Don't you ever do that shit again," he chokes out, still clinging to me as if I'll disappear if he lets go. "Understand?" I nod, my chin quivering. "Guys," Jack calls, making the other four boys stir slightly, "Guys, wake up."

"Did they find her?" Luke asks, sitting up. His eyes are still closed, "The cops?" They open and land on me. He rushes over and hugs me as well. Ben, Ash, and Calum all have similar reactions, except Calum holds me for a little longer than the others.

"We thought Shockwave got you," Ashton tells me, his throat scratchy, "We were so scared, Molly. Where'd you go?"

"I was trying to find her," I repeat, petting Petunia again, "I just-" I stop myself, not wanting to dive into it. "Felix found me last night and brought me home. I didn't wanna wake you guys because you've been so worried and shit about me, and I figured you should probably sleep a little." It's clear that they all really know my ulterior motives and see through my bullshit lie, but none of them say anything, which I'm grateful for.