complicated pt.8

Y/n's pov:

All of our check ups went well and none of us were injured we just needed sleep and a place to stay. Grayson business was going to get burned to the ground. There was no stopping it, he's gonna lose the one thing he couldn't.

This is going to break him. It already has by the look on his face.

Grayson thought it'd be best to fly to jersey and stay with his mother while they get the fire under control. Me and ethan agreed with him, we were all scared to stay in LA to be honest.

Grayson's pov:

I'm escaping a fire with a girl whose my assistant, but pretending to be my girlfriend, meanwhile my brother is scaring her, I actually love her, oh and we can't fucking be together. This is all a lot to take in. I'm going to lose what I've worked so hard to build since I was 18 years old. Now I'm 22, that's 5 years burned to the ground. I could feel tears well up in my eyes.

Fuck.

I felt y/n grab my hand. I squeezed it and laid my head on her shoulder. "I got you" she whispered softly to me. I closed my eyes and kissed her shoulder.

Please don't let go of me y/n.

We eventually got on our plane to jersey. I had all my money, so we got first class. Me and y/n shared a pod meanwhile ethan got his own. She cuddled me and held me and told me everything was gonna be okay, but it wasn't.

I lost everything.

Y/n's pov:

"Grayson stop looking at me like that." I said rubbing his scruff.

"Looking at you like what?" Grayson asked me.

"Like you've lost everything" I said, then he began to say something. I cut him off "no. Okay. You don't get to give up like that. You haven't lost everything! There is still the project! You have me Grayson." I told him and raised my voice a little. I couldn't help it I was upset too.

I was hurting too.

He didn't like the fact I raised my voice "THERE ISN'T A PROJECT WITHOUT A BUSINESS Y/N!" He yelled in my face and scooted away from me.

I sighed and laid down with my back facing Grayson "we can't keep arguing like this. Your brother will find out." I said.

I heard Grayson sigh as well "I know, hey listen can we just go to bed please." I didn't reply and just closed my eyes drifting off to sleep.

Grayson's pov:

I couldn't sleep at all. I know we are all hurting, but I have a different type hurt. I built that business from scratch and took so many financial risk in the process of it all.

Authors note: ignore my spelling mistakes please !!