devils territory pt.19

Y/n's pov:

"where are we going?" I asked Ethan as he took my hand and led me out of the car, he said we were going on an adventure and that's all I knew.

"do you trust me y/n?" he asked me softly as he got behind me placing a blindfold over my eyes.

I nodded my head as he tied the blindfold, he placed his hands on my waist and whispered in my ear as he guided me down a path, "this will be a part of our story"

"y/n, y/n" I snapped out of my daydreaming trance where I was remembering the beautiful past and looked up to see Lisa wiping a powder brush across my face.

"it's your wedding day darling what are you thinking about?" she asked me softly. She never pushed for an answer. I saw a lot of her in Ethan and I don't think he realized he is more similar to her than he thinks he is.

"the day he proposed" I laughed a little bit, "he told me to make it apart of our story" I smiled and closed my eyes as she brushed the powder brush over them and then backed away.

and this is exactly why he meant it.

I had started writing our book, it was nothing yet it was just drafts on my laptop. It wasn't much either I usually wrote after a long shift at work or when I was free which was rare me and Ethan had begun to make our home our dream home as we made money so something was always being remodeled.

we didn't have the money to hire workers so we did the work ourselves.

"I think my son just might cry seeing you walk down that isle" she began to complete my makeup look. I wasn't fond of makeup and I never wore it honestly. Mascara and lip gloss were my go to for the occasions where I felt as if I had to dress up.

Ethan was more fond of my natural beauty too. It was one of the things I loved about him.

My hair was in beautiful curls and my dress was silky and loose on my body yet it fit my beautiful curves. My makeup was neutral, Lisa understood my love for simplicity and neutrality so I was content with my look and I felt so beautiful.

The music started and I smiled as Lisa linked arms with me, I was not very close to my family but I wanted Lisa here, she took care of me and was there after I was raped. She provided a warm bed, good food, a place to stay, and clothes. She personally never made me feel uncomfortable her presence was the opposite.

She made me feel okay and safe in a time when I felt hurt and I was so afraid to even walk out of my own home.

I began to walk down the isle and I looked up seeing Ethans face light up as he sees me, Lisa was right Ethan began to cry softly and silently as I walked closer to him. She gave me away with a kiss on the cheek and stood on her sons side.

She was his best man.

I reached up and wiped Ethans tears away with my thumbs and I let a tear fall myself.

"you're breathtaking" he whispered as the wedding started and he wiped my tear away.

"Welcome. I would say to take your seats but here stands just the bride and groom before me." the officiant chuckled a little causing me and Ethan to smile a wide at each other. We wanted a small wedding, save us money and we really didn't have anyone even before our move to London.

"When it comes to finding that special person in your life, sometimes you just know. And as I and Mrs. Dolan witness Ethan and Y/n gaze lovingly into each other's eyes, it is obvious to us both that they know and have known for quite some time."

"Now, storybooks and romance novels even poems talk of love at first sight and that's all right, I suppose, but I much prefer the notion of "Love at each sighting". Each time you see one another, you feel the love that has been growing inside you from the very first time you locked eyes to the next and to the next and all the way up to right now and forever for the rest of your lives,"

"And each new time you see one another or communicate with one another that love grows stronger. It remembers the past good or bad, and imagines the wonderful future that will be. It fills your heart with joy at each new encounter and its just as important as the last."

"And from each day on to the next you know that this is the one, you know this is the person that you belong with forever. You just know that they will be the one who holds everything and is going to be held in your loving arms until your last breath."

He finished the introduction and my eyes were welding with tears once again, I knew I was soon to be Ethans wife and that nothing else would ever matter right now as much as this did.

"And so, Ethan and Y/n have walked up those stairs and have arrived here, at this moment, ready to declare their love and commitment to each other in front of the world, on legal documents and for the rest of their life"

"Ethan, do you take Y/n, to be the one. The one you hold above all others, the one you hold in the highest regard, the one you hold when she needs to be held and the one you hold first and foremost in your heart and soul?" he looked to Ethan as he read from his script.

"I do" Ethan spoke confidently, putting all doubts I had out of my head.

"Y/n, do you take Ethan, to be the one. The one you hold above all others, the one you hold in the highest regard, the one you hold when he needs to be held and the one you hold first and foremost in your heart and soul?"

"I do" I smiled and glanced at Ethan.

"May I please have the wedding rings?" he asked and Ethan let go of my hands reaching into his pockets and pulling out both rings. Mine was absolutely beautiful, we weren't rich but it was enough for me.

I knew his love for me didn't need to be proven by the size of the ring.

"Ethan, please repeat after me"

"Y/n, each time I see you, it's better than the time before, which I thought impossible as each last time was near perfection. I am so lucky, happy and honored to be yours forever. With this ring, I thee wed." he spoke and Ethan repeated slipping my ring onto my ring finger.

He then handed me Ethans ring.

"Y/n, please repeat after me"

"Ethan, each time I see you, it's better than the time before, which I thought impossible as each last time was near perfection. I am so lucky, happy and honored to be yours forever. With this ring, I thee wed." I repeated after him and slipped Ethans ring onto his finger.

"Many people say that love is the backbone of a marriage and they are absolutely right, but they might not fully understand all of what "love" entails."

"You see, love is not static. Like everything else in life, it is subject to change. The love you feel today is very likely different than the love you felt when you first met. The love you feel today will be different than the love you feel when you celebrate your anniversaries as you grow old together."

"Love is more than the feeling you get when someone makes your heart happy, love is your heart remembering the history you share with one another during times that are tough or times that are now unspeakable. And somehow getting through those tough or unspeakable times makes the good times all the more lovely."

" So, Love each other each and every day and live every day with full hearts and your bond will grow ever stronger with time."

"They knew they were meant to be together. Now I want you to know this, By the power vested in me I hereby pronounce you husband and wife."

"I invite you now to kiss your first kiss as a married couple. May there be many more to come." he finished and closed his script.

"oh there will be" Ethan mummers and pressed a kiss to my lips. I kissed back smiling into our first kiss as husband and wife.

"don't be cheeky" I whispered.

authors note:

unedited: ignore spelling errors

publishing another chapter the next day instead of 4 million months from now? who am I? moral of the story hi babies I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will most likely be posting the last chapter tomorrow. if not, tonight or soon. I love you all so so much

Thank you all for the kindness and patience

@sweetedols on instagram :')