coachella affair pt.19

Y/n's pov:

I sat there for hours, I was nervous. I kept blaming myself for not being there sooner when I felt that something was off until my thoughts were interrupted by the doctor, "miss" she said softly causing me to look up.

I look up at her with broken, sad eyes. "Are you here for ethan dolan?" She asked politely, I nodded impatiently wanting to know right then and there if he was going to be okay.

"Right this way" she said and I stood up following her to his room, when I walked in ethan was sleeping with all these wires connected to him.

"Is he okay?" I asked tearing up at the sight of him.

The nurse nodded "he was lucky you got there when you did and that we were able to get him in on time" she reassured as I softly rubbed his head and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you" I said letting a tear fall.

He's gonna be okay.

"He'll wake up soon, the medicine we gave him made him really tired so when he wakes up he still won't he fully here" she telling me that he won't understand some things and will be slightly confused or hard to handle.

I just nodded and kissed his head again as I sat on the edge of his bed. The nurse left the room to give us privacy so I got comfortable and began to talk to him, even though he couldn't quite hear me.

"You scared the shit out of me e" I giggled a little sadly.

I hated seeing him like this even though I knew he was going to be okay. 

"The nurse told me you are gonna be okay and that you'll wake up soon" I smiled ready to see him and be there for him, like I planned to be the night he took me to his place after the hospital.

He promised to be there for me, and I intended to keep that promise to him even if he didn't.

As I sat there talking to ethan and running my fingers through his hair I felt ethans hand grab my leg, I look down at it and smiled before looking up up to see him slowly opening his eyes and waking up. "Well hello handsome" I sniffled and ran my thumb across his cheek to give him comfort.

He saw me and reached his hand up slowly grabbing my hand that was on his cheek and holding it, he closed his eyes.

He was having a hard time staying awake and being aware of what was happening because of the medicine, but I didn't mind. "Where am I?" His raspy voice asked filling the room.

"you're in the hospital e" I said being honest with him, but I spoke softly so I didn't scare him or anything. He frowned knowing why he was there.

"I'm so sorry y/n I'm so sorry" he kept repeating he was sorry until I shut him up with a kiss.

"you done?" I asked as he finally was able to open his eyes and see things clearly.

"I want to get clean, I want to stop this. I almost lost you again" he said being completely honest, I smiled and looked back into his eyes and decided to be honest with him as well.

"ethan I want you to get clean too, I'm going to help you with that. You were not only killing yourself, but you were killing me and I can't take it anymore"

My turn to make the promise.

"And that's a promise that I intend to keep even when you don't want my help" I said and kissed his cheek, I felt his arms wrap around my upper body and sort of pull me onto him.

I giggled "easy ethan your wires" I said snuggling my face into his neck.

"They're fine just lay with me" he begged, I kissed his neck and laid down getting comfortable yet being careful not to hurt him or accidentally tug on his wires.

"I'm going to stop blaming myself for what happened to Troy" he said and I looked up surprised, not really expecting it. "I'm your hero remember?" He blushed a bit then kissed my head and I rolled my eyes.

"you are my stupid, handsome, hero" I yawned and laid my head back down with a giggled before I fell into a comfortable sleep.

I could finally rest well knowing that ethan was okay, and the both of us will at peace with each other and everything else.

@sweetedols on Instagram 🌻