devils territory pt.13

Y/n's pov:

It was an awful silence as Ethan cruised along the highway and I watched countless buildings pass me by, I didn't know whether to speak or to wait for him to say something.

he had just ended a mans life and my only worry was whether to speak or not.

I decided to get over myself, "Ethan what are we going to do now?"

what were we going to do now it is all over and I am no longer needed.

"dinner and then I am taking you home. this life is not for you. forget today. drink it away if you have to" Ethan spat, I looked at him hoping he was joking but he didn't even bother to take a glance back and his look was so serious and so stern.

he wasn't kidding

"so you want me to forget the kiss? what I said? what you said? and you killing a man?!"

how am I supposed to forget everything?

"yes that is exactly what I want you to do baby doll, this life isn't for you and I have thought many times about me even involving you in such a mess. The shit life I live, what if I lose you like I lost Grayson, what if I watch you die right in front of me?" his voice broke as he spoke, he had began caring for me and he was afraid to lose me the way he lost his brother. He was afraid of this life he had and afraid of what little he could offer me, but I wanted nothing.

all I wanted was him.

"don't call me baby doll if you are just going to sit there and compare me to your brother o- o- o- or sit there and say I am too good for you because I am not." I snapped at him acting as if his words didn't break my heart, but he was and they did. He was breaking my heart with every breath he took in the god awful silence our words had provided.

Ethan's pov:

As much as I wanted to turn my shit around for her and get my life straight for her, I couldn't do it. I am in too deep, and I cannot let her have the same fate as my brother and there is no way in hell could I watch her take her last breathe in front of me. I had nothing to offer besides this shit life and I refused to give her anything but the world and I could not offer that. I was far from what she deserved. I had something that I was afraid to lose again and this time I am not going to throw her into this dangerous life of mine, live in constant fear, or lose her besides the way I am going to lose her now. I decided from the moment I got my bitter sweet revenge the only way I would be okay with losing her was by me letting her go.

so I am letting her walk away even if I break her beautifully crafted heart into a million pieces.

"Y/n. I have nothing to offer you what do you want from me?!" I yelled unable to hide the anger I had, I was upset she wouldn't just leave me.

just make this easier for me.

She didn't seem taken off by my anger, just seemed angrier. "can you stop being such a pussy?! think about what you want Ethan, tell me what you want." she fought back. "I want you to believe I don't love you and make it easier for me to let you go, but you and I know that's not going to happen so you know what I want?! huh?! I want to turn my life around, give you a world in which you deserve more than this bullshit and love you!" I confessed and it felt like a bullet had penetrated my chest. I just told her everything I had only thought would remain just thoughts in my head. She's right, I was scared to lose her. "you are losing me either way and you are going to lose me one day Ethan, it is not like I am immortal and I am going to live forever.. its inevitable"

she found all the right words and her words stung like alcohol on an open wound all because she was right. We both weren't immortal and it was inevitable, there is always going to be a goodbye. sooner or later.

"try for me. If you end up letting me go, I know I was not worth it and will find love in someone else." she said at a whisper, I closed my eyes and nodded, "Okay"

it would take me a while to let go of this lifestyle, but I got my revenge and without grayson I refused to put y/n in my fights, so I was going to try. I gave her the okay to let her stay, to let her fill this gaping void I had ever since that night I placed a jacket over my brother. I needed her now.

"instead of letting you go, and I definitely refuse to place you in danger lets turn this hell hole around, how about a date?" I sighed out and looked up at her she had a crooked smile on her face, "I'd like that" she smiled a warm comforting smile. And with that I took her to a vegan place and we laughed over vegan burgers. It was simple, and lame but it all was okay because she and I weren't discussing things like revenge or even bugging each other for the hell of it.

we were genuine.

"our first date huh?" she laughed with a hint of nervousness in the way she spoke. "I think it went well for it being our first" I said proudly. "no it wasn't bad at all" she shuffled in front of me and turned around facing my direction. Her pockets were filled with her hands as the temperature had dropped and the night had settled in, she smiled up at me and I came to a stop looking down at her. We stared into each others eyes for a moment or two, I was unaware of the time I spent admiring her or the time I had spent yearning for a love like this. The love she provided, that I had tried so hard to let go.

now I know I can't let it go and I can't just forget or let her forget that day. the day my bitter sweet revenge was fulfilled and I had fallen in love with an angel whom was trapped, or somehow maybe had gotten lost in this devils territory in which I was already consumed in and I now was the king of this hell trying to make it a heaven for this angel of mine to live and never be hurt by such demons I was so used to facing.

my lips slowly melted into hers as her hands found my hair, we kissed until our lips were sore and were becoming chapped from the harsh cold weather around us. "let's get you home alright?" I said softly pulling her jacket around her a little tighter. she nodded and smiled, "only if you stay the night" she kissed my lips once more as we broke away once again I agreed and we hurried off the car to escape away from the harsh wind that had picked up over some time.

off we go.

authors note:

unedited: ignore spelling errors

this is the longest chapter I have written in a while and it feels good, this chapter produced a lot and devils territory is coming to an end soon. I love you all and stay updated !

Thank you all for the kindness and patience

@sweetedols & @swainstyles on instagram :')