facetime part 21

Senior year of high school

Y/n's pov:

violet and I have became almost sisters, and ethan and Grayson love her to death. We all kind of formed our own friend group this year. Recently violet has been telling me about a boy that she has met out of state and by the looks of him and their messages, I think they are going somewhere.

Grayson's been complaining about how ethan never shuts up about his girlfriend, his girlfriend is the football field medic for our football team, he can't complain much though because he never shuts up about me.

Grayson and I are the power couple of our high school, I got popular because I'm dating the 'hottest football player'.

On the real, I don't care about the popularity and Grayson knows that. He tried to shield me from all of it until it all caught up with us, but I get it and as long as I don't change I think I'll be just fine.

I finally have friends now, and are even friends with some of Graysons buddies. They are really nice and really respectful, here I thought they were high school jocks, typically the douchiest boys you've ever met.

I was wrong about a lot of things.

The bell finally rang and I met Grayson in the hallway by the trophy case as usual before we all leave to go home, "hey gorgeous" Grayson said greeting me with open arms, I gladly walked into them giving him the biggest hug ever.

Today was my birthday and Grayson said he had a big surprise planned for me, I already told him to not spend so much money on me but he never listens. After I pulled away from the hug he bit his bottom lip, "close your eyes" I giggled a little before accepting his command and closing my eyes.

I heard him shuffle around in his book bag until I heard, "open". I nervously opened my eyes.

You never know with him, could have been a snake for all I knew and it was what immediately popped into mind.

I opened my eyes to see a beautiful grey box, "what is this?" I blushed and slowly grabbed it. I was fragile with it and honestly nervous to open it still.

"See for yourself" Grayson smiled and watched me open it. I gasp and saw a gorgeous ring. It was a silver band and engraved on the inside it said "pinky promise"

"Grayson I love it" I awed and kissed his lips

"here let me put it on you" he slowly and carefully slipped it on my finger and watched me smile.

"I'm so in love with you y/n"

"and I'm so in love with you Grayson" I giggled and admired my ring.

Violets pov:

Before the school day started:

I got a snap from gray so I opened it, it was a ring and he wanted my approval over it. Tomorrow is y/n's birthday and he had been planning months in advance with me and ethan.

He wanted this day to go perfect for her, and by the looks of the ring. It will.

Y/n's pov:

Y/n's pov:

After me and Grayson walked out, he guided me to his car. "Ethan rode with me today so he could take your car and I take you some place special" Grayson said with rosy cheeks.

I smiled, "planned this all out huh?" I asked teasing him a bit. He blushed more and gave me a nod, we met ethan at the car and I gave him the keys.

"Please don't crash my car" I said hugging him before he walked off.

"no promises". Grayson rolled his eyes.

"shut up e before she doesn't come with me" he chuckled and opened my door for me. I kissed his cheek and got in, after I was in he shut my door and not long after that we were on the road.

"Gotta close your eyes we are close" he told me and put his hand on my thigh as we got closer.

"promise you aren't going to like kill me or something" I giggled and closed my eyes putting my hands over them.

"I promise, you gotta stop reading those serial killer books" he chuckled and stopped the car helping me out and guiding me down a path.

I felt leaves crush beneath my feet and I heard bugs and birds all around. I smiled at the beautiful sounds and smells, me and grayson loved nature.

long walks, picnics, we even go on runs together.

"How much farther" I said impatient

"we are here" he took my hands off my eyes and I opened them.

"Grayson-" I gasp as there was a beautiful picnic laid out in front of me with big comfy blankets and my favorite snacks. "The laptop is in the car I'll be back" he kissed my cheek and ran and got the laptop real quick.

When he came back he turned on my favorite movie, the village. It was a film we studied in school that I fell in love with and never shut up about. "This is beautiful" I said to him as I hugged him from behind and watched him set up the movie for me to fit the screen and be at the perfect volume.

"Perfect" he corrected me and turned around putting me in his arms as he laid back we watched the beautiful love story of ivy walker and Lucius hunt and the dangerous adventure she concurred to save his life while traveling through Covington woods play out in front of our eyes.

I was hooked, the way he had grabbed her hand guided her and protected her from darkness reminded me of Grayson.

He always guided me through everything, before and after us becoming a thing. He had helped me through so much.

It's countless.

He protected me from darkness, and the snakes that just cared about popularity rather than my true self.

And I love him.

I smiled and whispered to him, "will you dance with me at our wedding" quoting ivy walker in the movie.

He smiled and turned to face me, "one day" he kissed my lips for a moment as the time passed we got so wrapped up in each other's lips we kissed the ending.

"It's okay I've seen the movie numerous times" I giggled and sat up.

"y/n" Grayson began and softly sat up to meet me face to face.

"FaceTime me" he said happily. Checking the time it was only an hour before I had to be home for curfew, so Grayson got me home and I did what he asked.

I FaceTimed him and we talked and talked until we were both blue in the face and the sun was shinning bright.

He hyped me up for my exam Monday and we laughed until we both could breathe. It eventually died down once we realized the sun was up and Grayson slowly fell asleep on the phone, I waited until I knew he was comfortable in a good sleep before I ended the call.

I'll FaceTime you tomorrow dolan.

@sweetedols on Instagram 🌵