coachella affair pt.21

Y/n's pov:

These past few months our restaurant has became a banger, and really famous. On the other hand, my health wasn't so great, I became very ill.

Ethan was working both restaurants by himself on top of trying to take care of me and I felt awful.

I hate this.

It's been getting worse and worse each day, it's getting to the point I can't even walk, ethan has been trying to convince me to go to the doctors ever since this started and as much as I hate to admit this, I should have.

Ethan picked me up "this is it I'm taking you to the doctors" he said slightly frustrated with me. I sighed and didn't even bother to fight it, I just laid my head on his shoulder and nodded my head.

I feel like we've been to the hospital too much, we've already got enough doctor bills, but I know this is getting serious and more worse than better so here comes another doctors bill for probably something that probably could be treated over the counter.

Ethan drove me to the hospital since I began to break out in a bad fever and started shaking real bad in my sleep, he rushed me inside and the doctors got me to a room immediately.

By this point, I had woken up and was begging them to figure out what was wrong with me.

It hurt.

Ethan's pov:

After a few hours the doctor came out to talk to me, "are you the boyfriend of y/n y/l/n?" She asked me and I nodded without hesitation, "there is no easy way to put this"

I'm sorry, did I hear that correctly?

I gave the doctor a confused look until I realized she was being serious and immediately focused on what was about to come out of her mouth, "Y/n has been diagnosed with a disease that is unrecognizable, we have no idea what it is the only information we were able to pull from the test is that its terminal, and she doesn't have long to live. I'm very sorry" she told me everything and I felt like my heart crushed.

What about the restaurant? What about our marriage? What about our future? What about me?

I nodded and closed my eyes as tears filled them, "I'll give you a moment to process this news, I'm so sorry" she softly patted my shoulder and left the room after putting the tissue box closer to me. Every single memory I had of y/n was flooding my mind and I was just sobbing.

I can't do this by myself. I can't be left alone.

The nurse came back a moment later "sir" she said to get my attention, so I looked up, "y/n wants to see you" she then led me to where y/n was.

When I came into the room y/n was crying and I rushed to her and held her in my arms, "ethan I'm gonna die" she cried onto my shoulder.

That just shattered me completely.

"Shhh shhh" I said comforting her as I rubbed her back and cried into her neck.

"I don't wanna go, I wanna get married, I wanna have a baby. I want to travel the world expand our restaurants" she cried harder.

I squeezed her to supply more comfort "princess stop talking about it please" I begged of her as I kissed on her head and tear stained cheek, eventually she stopped crying and became numb

This is killing me.

Night time hit fast as I laid there in her bed holding her and doing my best to comfort her, I was listening to the monitor. The monitor would beep each time her heart would beat and that made me stop and appreciate everything.

Her heart rate began to slow down and I looked down at her "y/n?" I asked her softly to get her attention, then I heard this god awful sound that I will never forget.

The high pitched squeal filled the room and the doctors rushed in to turn it off and try to save her, but they had to stop since y/n filled out the form that basically told them not to bring her back to life, she didn't want to be brought back if she knew this disease was going to kill her anyway.

She knew she couldn't stop death from taking her.

I laid there and held the woman I loved and just lost, sobbing and crying her name.

The woman I loved just died in my arms. 

The following year;

Y/n's dad and I have been running the restaurants together in honor of y/n. I miss her more and more every single day. Sometimes I can still hear her nagging at the cooks to speed up when I'm serving tables, or just checking up on the restaurant.

Her service was beautiful, her favorite flowers were laid gently on top of her casket by her father, her grandparents, and me.

She was burried wearing her ring and mine hasn't left my finger since the day I purposed to her.

She would have loved it.

Her father and I go on a fishing trip every year just like him and y/n used to.

He misses her so much that I still think he believes she's still with us I constantly talk to him to make sure he isn't giving himself false hope.

Her father and I want to fulfill all of her wishes that she had, so recently I've been making plans with her father and other important people about getting our restaurants expanded across the world, just like y/n wanted.

She wanted everyone to have a great experience and leave with a smile on their face.

Every customer misses the bright energy she gave off in the restaurant. She loved talking to everyone, and made sure everyone was given the best possible service.

I love you y/n and I will fulfill every last wish you had, so when I see you in heaven we can look down on all that WE have done together. I was wrong, I could do this by myself. Even though I'm not completely by myself. you are physically gone, but mentally you are what's keeping me stable.

You are what is keeping me going.

@sweetedols on Instagram 🌻