PART 2

The sun was setting now, casting reds and oranges across the land. 

"Tou-sama, I'm here. I just finished with my session." I knocked on the tatami door.
"Come in."

I slid the door, removing my shoes, noticing my father drinking his tea while reading - probably books about shinobi history or ninjutsu.

"Sit down. We need to talk." He ordered.

I grabbed a pillow and sat down across from Tou-san

"This is an era of warring states. Kami knows how long this will be going on for. I need to know who the boy you were healing was. It could prove to be vital information." Father set his book aside.
"As you know, the Uchiha are a bit dismissive towards the Hyuga. They view us as beneath them." My father visibly displeased at the thought of that statement. My initial reaction was to laugh. The Hyuga clan is the strongest and everybody knows it.

"They may take what you did as an insult, which could provoke some fighting and dismay between our clans in the future."
"Tou-san," I squeaked, still wincing in a bit of pain, "First of all. Their egos are gigantic if they take it as an insult. And secondly, I really don't know. I just saw a life dying, I tried to save it. I don't know him, never have spoken to him, none of that."

He chuckled. "I guess it's useless. Enough then. Go to sleep."
"Mm."

-

I plopped myself onto the futon splayed out, still unkempt from the day before. 

"This feels so relaxing." I muttered. It felt like safety. Something I so yearned for nowadays. Death was an easy encounter, it seemed like people around me were knocking down one by one.

I pulled the covers up to my chest, and took a deep sigh.

Who was that boy, and why should the Hyuga clan be so concerned? All I knew was that he was an Uchiha. We were ordered to stay away from them. A prophecy entails that a battle of our dojutsu would wreak havoc into this world. Like we need more of that.

 I recalled my grandfather's words. 

"Listen well, Ayumi. All of us are born into this world bearing our own destiny. In our lifetime, that destiny never changes." 

Perhaps it was destiny to meet him? Perhaps that meeting may set things in motion in the far future? Would I even make it to the future when the world was in such a state? Is peace, without all this fighting, even a concept within our grasp? I giggled at the last part, the idea had just sounded so pathetic. And impossible. Out in that battlefield, I saw a whole other side of humanity. People were purely driven by power and greed. Such desires seemed almost unnatural to erase, that was how bad the state of affairs were. Peace could not exist if people continued to be engrossed in such things, I decided.