PART 3

I let out a heavy sigh.

"Ah." I tried to free my limbs from tension, letting them sink into the grass beneath me. I had just cleaned up from a long day of fighting. It had been years since that particular revelation - I was now a grown adult woman into her early twenties, and fighting rigorously for hours and years on end was beginning to take an affect on my body. The war was beginning to broaden in scale - frightening neighbouring clans who weren't as capable of withstanding nor controlling such damage. Alliances began to form. Cooperation was no longer a concept to be laughed at but viewed as necessary for survival. Collective efforts were viewed more strategic before individuality. The Hyuga in particular shook hands with the Taketori clan, each of us promising the next, safety and intel. I stared up at the sky which looked like a deep black canvas dotted with white stars. Oh, and not to forget, the moon of course. 
I smiled. The moon. That's where my ancestors reside. A smile grew across my face.
I lifted my left arm into the air, taking a look at my palm, the crescent moon pulsing along with the one in the sky. I still wonder about that boy some times, I had randomly thought, his face now a blur and all that remained to remember was that giant gaping wound which had me frozen in my tracks. I'll never forget that fear.

"Chichi," Hayate had motioned to his father, Hisaki, who had now become old and grey, but was still an important asset to the Hyuga clan. Hayate's father would often act as a consultant for any big decisions to be made. 
"Hm?" Hisaki grunted.
"By the looks of it, the Senju clan is demanding a temporary halt for all warfare tomorrow in order to discuss things more civillaly with each other. Rumours have it that an alliance is in the works between major clans."
"You must go," Hisaki placed his staff to the side, the metal clinging, "And try to establish a treaty with the Senju. They are a noble clan."
Hayate nodded. "That's what I had in mind. It helps that us two are equal in skill to each other. To surrender to each other would be the smarter choice." He rubbed his chin, "Though it seems like all the lives lost in the process were in vain, but perhaps this can prevent further discord."
Hisaki shook his head. "No. Those lives were not lost in vain my son. They sacrificed themselves in order to obtain that peace from warfare, which seems to be the direction the Senju are heading. They have served their portion of fate." 

A quiet silence ensued as Hayate glanced at his father, then stared at the Hyuga emblem engraved onto the stone wall.

"I am thinking of sending Ayumi to represent the Hyuga. She has grown into an exceptional first lady." He spoke, as the thought had been sizzling in his mind for a while, now was spoken into existence for the first time.
"She is quite the militant force, that one." Hisaki reminisced, "I'm proud that the Hyuga blood runs strong in that one. She should go, it would serve as good practice if the time were to come for her to run the clan."
Hayate took a sip of his tea. "Afterall, maintaining diplomatic relations is an important duty. Very well then." 

"Ayumi," I heard the all too familiar voice of my father from the distance.
"O, Otousan." I nodded, acknowledging his presence. 
"Relaxing?"
"Yeah. I needed it especially after today. So much... death..." I brooded. 
"Oi,"  He ruffled my hair, "That is war. We are strong. You are strong. It's temporary."
I hummed under my breath, half-heartedly agreeing. Is it really temporary though?

"Listen daughter, you have had a couple encounters with the Senju, no?"
My hands turned into a fist. Briefly experiencing a flashback of a dark-haired Senju sneaking up behind a friend to attack them. "Yeah. What of it?" 
"They are issuing a cease of warfare tomorrow to try to establish treaties with major clans. I am sending you to represent us."