PART 10

*MADARA'S POV*

It had been a couple of days since that night with Ayumi. I went to my study that following night to do some more in depth readings regarding the Otsutsuki clan, though much of it was familiar to me already. I had to resort to communicative references with some recognized elders of the clan.

I was now walking throughout the Uchiha compound, a proudness surged throughout my chest knowing that my very own two hands had created the settlement all the Uchiha found a comfort in. I watched a child walking with excitement quickly, eventually falling flat on their face. The mother had quickly scolded him.

"Kosuke! Be more careful! Are you okay?" She hurried to him, yanking his arm up.
"Mm-mmm! I am mama! I want that ice cream!" He pointed eagerly. She sighed, giving into his command.

It was then that it had dawned on me that those were the connections I yearned for. A family, a loved one, people depending on me for a totally different reason, and for me to devote my life to them. It was unlike me, I did gain a pleasure from my own selfish desires and the thought of raising a family did not ever occur to me because it would mean to violate that. I no longer wanted to keep my powers for myself, but to use them to connect and protect the people I cared about. My jaw tensed. Was I even the same person any more? I couldn't even protect my own brethren. How could I be able to protect anybody else?

"'Taku. That foolish Hyuga girl has done me quite a number." I muttered in annoyance, closing my eyes. Was I perhaps too soft now?

"Who?" Izuna said, appearing out of nowhere.
I stayed silent.

"Oh. You've got a crush now, eh?" The corners of Izuna's lips turned upwards.
"Watch your place." My hands were on my hips.

"Hahah! Madara!" Izuna laughed, "You know I'm surprised by you. You've killed plenty of women in the past before, and you've even rejected many from our own clan, yet all it took was a little Hyuga girl from a small village a couple of kilometers away to have you done in pieces."

I rubbed my chin. I suppose Izuna was right. I hated how Ayumi, a fragile little girl, could leave someone like me, confused and uncertain about their feelings. A grandiose task for many.
"Your crush is standing right there." I pointed a finger at a raven haired kunoichi. "What was her name? Ah, Naomi, wasn't it? I should perhaps let her know you've taken a liking to her." I taunted him back.
"No!" Izuna grabbed my shoulders,  "Ni-san, you wouldn't. That's totally violating our bro-code."

I couldn't help but chuckle at his child-like nature whenever the topic was brought up.

-

*AYUMI'S POV*

I had battled along side Madara for the day, and I noted how artistic his fire style techniques ended up looking. It was fascinating to me how a dwindle of fire grew into such monstrosity.

"This battlefield needs landscaping." Madara curtly spoke, quickly weaving signs. "Katon: Goka Mekkyaku!"
My arms rose to my face for protection, the humidity and ash of his fire was beginning to spread. I saw a number of shinobi buckle to the ground in defeat, it was too difficult to breath for them, I noted by their physiology with my Byakugan. The sky was beginning to grey, an overcast had appeared. It looked like it was going to rain.
Not so fast.
Intuitively, I raised my palm in the air, the moon insignia was pulsing too obviously now. The sharp slap of thunder had shaken even me, causing the rocks around us to rumble.

I noticed Madara eye me, with his arms closed.

"And what do you plan on doing?"

"I'm going to take the rest of this sanction out." I stated coldly, much like a militant, "And paint a prettier picture along with it."
"Hm." Madara looked away. He had underestimated me too much and now it was time to show him. I have a feeling this would work.