PART 31

"Madara, what should we do?" Ayumi pushed the curtain aside, looking at the heavy rainfall outside. "If we keep him here for longer the workers will get suspicious."

"I'll seal him into a scroll for the time being." Madara grabbed a scroll, unravelling it while drawing his own blood upon it. Madara rubbed his chin, looking at Konosuke who was unconscious now. "I need to face him alone."

"Alone?" Ayumi mumbeled. She frowned. "Fine. Just don't be reckless."

-

The Uchiha stood outside a forested area not too far from the inn

The Uchiha stood outside a forested area not too far from the inn. It was still raining heavily. Madara crouched onto the soil, weaving the signs to summon back Konosuke.

"Kuchiyose no jutsu."

"Awake, I see." Madara eyed him closely, as the silver-haired male poofed back into reality.

Konosuke gave him a violent glare. "I know what you're after." He frowned. Madara thought he'd spare him a chance to speak before casting him under a genjutsu to extract information.

"Oh?" Madara's eyebrow raised.

"How to cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi." Konosuke snapped.

Madara inquisitively narrowed his eyes at the Otsutsuki, now standing up right from his crouched position. "Seems like you'll save me the trouble from casting you under an illusion."

Madara crossed his arms, growing more hauty. "... But I'll still have to do something about you since you've troubled my wife."

"Why are you looking into such a wretched jutsu?" Konosuke wriggled in his spot, trying to undo the rope tying down his wrists. His attempts were proving futile.

"Wretched?" Madara crossed his arms. "It is a jutsu that restores true peace. No such thing as it being wretched. Hashirama built the village on a paradoxical basis. It will crumble eventually. The Infinite Tsukuyomi will grant everyone true peace, a genjutsu world where all their dreams will come true, where such things like war and hate will no longer exist."
Madara thought of his passed brothers, and his eyes sadly cast to the ground for a split second.

A dream world where they will finally be able to exist. Madara thought to himself.

Konosuke eyed him weirdly. "The hell you sounding so delusional for? Do you know what that jutsu actually is used for?"

"It's purpose is inscribed into the Uchiha stone tablet." Madara spoke sharply.

"No." Konosuke spoke through hitched breaths, he looked as if he was traumatized by something. "I was ordered by Otsutsuki Hamura to come to Earth since he had a prophecy that some time there would be a shinobi like you to come along. It's meant to originally amass a large amount of chakra that can be used to summon her, Otsutsuki Kaguya, back, all while individually using the people's powers who fall to the genjutsu. You mustn't think of it, Madara!"