PART 29

The raven haired Uchiha decided to leave the room quietly once the princess fell asleep. He looked over his shoulder one last time, she was completely knocked asleep judging by her open mouth, lightly breathing. Madara himself couldn't sleep, he became engrossed in thought. Madara slid the shoji door, and sat outside admiring the night sky.

Did I make the right choice bringing her here? Madara wondered

Did I make the right choice bringing her here? Madara wondered. Maybe her byakugan could tell me something useful, or maybe it was too hasty on my part to bring her here.
In retrospect, Ayumi was becoming a weakness for Madara. And weakness absolutely revolted the Uchiha. Ayumi made him soft, she made him waver in his past beliefs. Madara used to be so certain about his hatred, but it would sizzle and die out before her, for her sake he found.

He bit his lower lip. Am I really doing the right thing?

-

Ayumi stirred awake, the sudden snap of thunder outside was loud enough to shock her.
I hope that didn't wake Madara up.
She looked around, but she couldn't find him there.
"Madara?"

But she heard nothing. Where could he be?
Her eyes quickly fluttered to the shoji that was slowly sliding, revealing the tall broad male.

"You're up." Madara said, wiping rain drops away from his forehead.
"The thunder... scared me awake." She muttered, looking outside of the window. She flinched again as a slap of thunder cracked the sky.

Madara was perplexed - she was actually afraid.
"How ironic." Madara lowly chuckled. "You possess lightning nature but actual lightning frightens you."
"Sounds pretty sad, right..." Ayumi brought the blanket up to her chin. "Madara, can you..." She stared at the spot beside her on the bed.

Madara glanced at the empty spot and then her a couple times, apprehensive at first.
His eyes rose slightly.

"...."

Madara made his way to the bed and leaned over the edge, now laying down, adjusting the pillow underneath his hair.

"Would this make you less afraid?" Madara broke the silence, his eyes fixated on the ceiling above him.
"... Yes." Ayumi slid back under the covers. Madara's presence, his very warmth was enough to calm her down. Ayumi peeked at Madara to find his eyes peacefully fluttered shut, and the way his chest rose and fell was enough to make her sleepy.
Ayumi took Madara's hand in hers, their fingers interwoven, and she stirred asleep. He did not object.

-

Madara's eyes slowly fluttered open, feeling the morning sun's heat hit his cheeks. He felt oddly warm. His eyes fell to the girl who was asleep on his chest, her arms wrapped around him as if she had been holding onto him throughout the course of the thunder and rain last night.

Madara sighed, slightly flushed at the site of how vulnerable and innocent she looked like. The Madara Uchiha whose very name struck fear into people from villages and nations across the world, was in bed blushing because of her.