PART 41

AYUMI'S POV

I sighed as I watched Kenzo and Kaouru practice their swordsmanship skills. I would often stop by their newly built house to check and see how they were holding up. It would be a big change for them, but I was sure they would get used to it. They had been getting better by the day, the light and curiosity returning to their faces. I had another ordeal hovering my mind though. And that was preparations for the wedding. 

I closed my eyes, recalling last night's memories with Madara. We soaked our feet in the porch right outside my room. 

"I would prefer a smaller wedding, to be quite honest with you." Madara glanced at me.
"Really?" I looked up at him. I wasn't surprised, since he wasn't fond of large gatherings. Being pestered left and right by people he vaguely knew wasn't appealing to him.
"Mm." Madara looked ahead, "But it seems like that won't work out since we are leaders of rather big clans."
"Right." I nodded.
"Here's an invitation list I managed to craft from my side." Madara handed me a scroll, "Supposedly anyone is welcome to make it if they can, but these guests in particular must."
"Oh? I'll hand out invitations and make sure they can make it then." I placed the scroll in my sleeve.
Madara nodded.

I withdrew the scroll from my sleeve, unravelling the list. It wasn't long one bit, but I could see that these people meant a lot to him. My eyes began to read the list.

Senju Hashirama
Senju Tobirama 

I chuckled. Even though that white-haired man hurt Izuna he still had the will to invite him. But knowing Madara, he most likely did it out of courtesy and for Hashirama's sake.

Uzumaki Mito
Uchiha Kagami
That old veteran lady you always stop by to help at our compound

I couldn't help but laugh.
But my laugh quickly settled down as my eyes fell on the last name on the list.
Uchiha Honuko

That girl who had always picked problems with me. I thought that Madara hadn't liked her, so why would he make the extra effort to invite her? I shook my head, it didn't matter to me. I would do it and hopefully make amends.

-

"I never saw this coming. I have no clue what you see in that broad." Tobirama muttered, his hands were in his pockets as he leaned against the wall.

"Tobirama. Stop saying such things." Hashirama turned around to bow apologetically.
I waved my hands in the air. "It's fine. I know you two weren't on the best of terms during waring times, but please for my sake at least. Attend our wedding." I bowed, clasping both of my hands in front of me.

"We will, we will!" Hashirama put both of his hands on my shoulders. "Please look after Madara. I am overwhelmed with happiness for the both of you."

"Hashirama..." I muttered, smiling. "I really appreciate that y'know?" I took a couple of steps towards the exit, I glanced over my shoulder to look at Tobirama. "It's almost as if the Uchiha left a psychological scar on you though."

"The same could be said for any strong clan in the Leaf. Including yours." Tobirama spoke firmly.

"Did you forget I let your men go even though they killed my sister? If anything we should be suspicious of you." I frowned, crossing her arms. I couldn't believe Tobirama was still so dubious, unlike Hashirama who was adamant on building bonds, his brother was extremely wary. The brothers looked at each other, and I could tell Tobirama regretted what he said.