PART 7

*MADARA'S POV*

I took what little time I could to myself to train and to contemplate. It was early, the birds were chirping, and people were now beginning to wake up. I recalled my father's words to me the night before.
"The Hyuga want to ally."
What a coincidence.
I detested the fact that the Uchiha had to rely on another clan for support but... if that's the way things must go, then so be it.
I recalled the Byakugan princess I had met at the diplomatic meeting. She was brash, naive, and she had seemed unafraid of me. But I suppose that would be a good thing, since we would have to start working together more. She tested my patience, but I couldn't bring my usual authoritative self around her, the side of me Izuna would so often tell me to "keep it down a notch". Her chakra... I looked at my abdomen. Could it have been her that day...
I couldn't shake the thought from me. I almost died. I wouldn't have been able to survive long enough to set things in motion for the Uchiha, and pave ourselves a new path to ultimate peace, if it weren't for her.
"Hm." The corners of my mouth upturned. "Maybe this alliance would mean returning the favour."

I had a new technique in mind, one that could counteract and throw back an opponent's attack to them. I lifted my gunbai to deflect a slur of on going kunai.
"Uchihagaeshi." My gunbai had pulsed with light, and I smirked as it had finally worked. A full counter. This gunbai had been passed down generations throughout my family, and it was now in my hands to wield. The kunai soon deflected the other way.
But...
I had been too impulsive. One of the kunai had clinged the other, coming back to my direction, soon impaling my upper arm. I squinted an eye. Sloppy work. Stop being so distracted. I thought to myself. The pain was manageable, barely even a dent, and instead I admired the colour of the blood that spilled, slightly smearing it with my finger. I removed the kunai, throwing it the side.

I noticed a person that seemed to be hiding up in the trees. I sighed at their foolish attempt to cover up. Such child's play would not work on me.

"You don't do a very good job at hiding." I spoke. I almost felt insulted.
And just as I had expected, it was her. The Hyuga princess, or so I've heard. Ayumi, was it?
She stayed silent and my patience was wearing thin.
"What's the matter?" I planted my gunbai, "Cat got your tongue?"
I stood closer to her to get a better feel of what kind of person she was. This had been my first personal encounter with the Hyuga heiress up close, and I couldn't help but notice how awkward she had gotten, frantically looking away as if she was trying to escape, playing with her hair. She would tuck it behind her ear when she felt uneasy, I had noted. She had deep black tresses almost as long as mine, the colour was alluring.

"My apologies, Madara-sama." She spoke. My head tilted at the fact that she had finally gotten my name right. "I'm in awe of your abilities. I look forward to working with you."
She offered her hand for a shake. My abilities. She had seen nothing. I glanced at her hand, almost hesitant, and then to her eyes. Her Byakugan. I noted. Something about her presence resembled my younger brother's Izuna, which I found a comfort in. I remembered his words and tried to make myself seem less tense.
I shook her hand.

"Good choice with the alliance. Perhaps the Senju will now surrender." I did not spend much time with women to know exactly what to converse about. I had been so focused on protecting what remained of my family, gaining power to crush the Senju, and only communicated with the opposite gender with regards to war.
I felt a deep stinging pain in my arm, one that had made me feel uncomfortable. It was the wound. I winced, "Taku." I muttered, annoyed.

"I can heal that for yo-"
I cut her off before she could even continue speaking. "No, I don't need your help." To be healed was insulting to an Uchiha like me.
"You say that but your blood pressure is spiking as I saw earlier with my byakugan." Her hands glew green. "Stop being stubborn!"
I eyed her, it sounded like something Izuna would say. "Tch." I looked away, offering her my arm to heal.