PART 15

"Did you boys hear what that Hyuga heiress did?" Tajima asked almost mockingly, he couldn't believe she would let a Senju go so easily. It was admirable, he would admit, but too hasty.
Izuna and Madara had stayed silent, they were walking through the meadows on their way back from the battlefield. Madara in particular was amused by her actions, and how she was able to be so certain in her decisions. Befitting of a leader, he thought. Some sliver of him actually agreed with her course of action, though he did not know if he could do the same. The pain was too much, Madara thought, and all he had left to protect was his brother.

The Uchiha were growing to rebel against Madara and his constant strifling with the Senju. It was beginning to be outrageous, the death tolls stacking up at an innumerable rate. It came to the point where Madara's mere presence within the compound would incite frightful stares from Uchiha civilian - his very own blood were scared of him. Madara glanced at his younger brother, and he did fear for his life. If he lost Izuna, there's no telling where Madara's mind would go, where his heart would be sealed.

They approached an open field, where Madara sat down and laid his back against the grass. He was in deep thought, while dawlding with a leaf. He was pondering about the foolish dreams both himself and his best friend growing up, Hashirama, would spout. A framework - village - that can help us attain peace.

"

"... Maybe I can just try to hope for a brighter tomorrow...

... Maybe I can forget the grudges and rivalries of the past...

Maybe if I start working for peace and wellbeing, others will allow me to...

... Just maybe..."

Izuna narrowed his eyes, watching his brother from a distance, motioning for Tajima to go on ahead. Was he smiling? Izuna was indeed intrigued by his brother's odd behaviour.

"Nee-san," Izuna sat down beside his brother now, "You're thinking of a treaty, aren't you?"

Madara snapped out of his haze, lifting his back off of the grass now, sitting cross legged.
"It doesn't sound so bad, you know."
"I got to agree with you on that one," Izuna admitted, "All the fighting could stop. And honestly this sunset view makes me think of how nice it would be without having to go to battle every day. But our brothers..."

Madara crushed the leaf that was in his fingers. That's the only thing that was holding him back, memories of the past and the deaths of his brothers.

"I know." Madara's voice was deeper now, "But we have each other, Izuna."
"That Hyuga girl sure is slighting you." Izuna observed. His brother's temperament was toned down a notch now ever since they knew of each other. For some reason Izuna liked it better - his brother seemed less entrenched in darkness. Madara's face relaxed upon the mention of her. Ayumi. He hoped she was doing better after her sister's passing, he had no clue that she even had a sibling. There was a pain they both could relate to now.