PART 18

Madara was recklessly approached by a shinobi who looked like he belonged to the... Yamanaka clan, as told by the crest he wore across his back.
"Eat crap!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, his stance fueled by adrenaline.

"What child's play." Madara coldly spoke. This only infuriated the Yamanaka shinobi even more so now, as evident by his gritted teeth. The Uchiha quickly grabbed a katana from a nearby corpse and struck it mercilessly through the Yamanaka's torso.

"You bastard! I didn't even get to-!"
Madara drove the sharp sword deeper into his gut, earning grunts of pain from the Yamanaka shinobi. "Go to sleep." Madara said.

I flinched in my spot, as Madara threw his body and it landed right in front of me. Madara struck him once more with the katana to make sure he had died - a classic tactic to make sure no more enemies were left, but Madara preformed it with a motivation that satisfied him. That's what made him particularly different than the rest in war. I was deeply disturbed by how moved Madara was by the sight of mere blood being spilled. It actually excited him! There was a difference between fighting because there was an obligation to, and fighting because you enjoyed it. Madara fit into the latter category. A cold merciliness militant. How could someone so cold possibly possess deep feelings? I noted how much he cared for his younger brother. There seemed to be a disconnect back home and on the field - perhaps it was that deep love and the need to protect his brother that motivated him to be so remorseless in war.

"Have your convictions wavered now that you've gotten a reality check?" Madara questioned me, noticing my distraught face. "This is reality." Madara motioned to the corpses that laid around us. "This is war. Such idleness will get you nowhere."
Indeed I was an open-book before him. But I couldn't keep my eyes off of that Yamanaka corpse, his soul was drained the minute he decided to approach Madara. Why did he hasten to his death? I was beginning to detest the idea of war and I wanted all this fighting to stop. I had an inclination that Madara deep down wished for the same.

The eyes of that particular corpse were burned into my memory, ad they just kept getting larger and larger and larger, and my heart was beating harder, it almost seemed out of my chest... until...

I took a deep breath and I startled myself awake. I looked outside of my window into the night sky.

"It was a dream." I sighed, plopping myself back onto the futon.

-

*AYUMI'S POV*

I approached the sliding tatami door to the Hyuga household, only to be welcomed by pairs of unfamiliar shoes.
Huh...? Who's here?

"Ayumi-hime!" Koniko exclaimed, her hands motioning for me to hurry up inside. "The upstate Uchiha family are here. Go ready yourself!" She eyed my dirty armor, I had just returned from a training session with my cousin, Toguya.
"Ugh, okay! Give me a second." I quickly shuffled, and took a detour so that I would not be seen by the Uchiha. Uchiha upstate family? Tajima? Here on what accordance?!

-

*3RD PERSON*

"Ayumi." Izuna's eyes lit up with excitement. For some reason, she was refreshing to be around - a change from the usual melancholic environment of violent shinobi. He could see why Madara grew a fondness towards her.

"It's a pleasure to have you all here!" She bowed towards the direction of Tajima and his wife, Izuna and Madara, tipping their heads back in acknowledgement. They all resembled each other so strongly. Honestly, I would be lying to myself if I said this didn't feel weird. Why were they here?