PART 52

Madara stood outside above the Hokage face platform, where before him stood a sweeping view of the village. He couldn't even see the Uchiha district from here. Madara bit the bottom of his lip, he hated remembering how the villagers still held contempt for his kind. But he looked up to the sky.
"I know that the Uchiha stone tablet has been altered, and that the Infinite Tsukoyomi is indeed a jutsu destined for destruction." Madara looked down. He thought it had been a fool proof plan for fixing Hashirama's mistake, yet, if it weren't for his wife, he would have had no clue and he would have ruined everyone's lives in the making. Ayumi was his saviour. Madara clenched his fist. How could I be so foolish? When are you returning Ayumi? I just want to be near you.
Madara crossed his arms. The only thing he could do is leave until the ruckus would settle down.
There really is no way to bring my brethren back. Now I must bear living in a world without them...

—The book slowly fell from Ayumi's hand as she exhaled

The book slowly fell from Ayumi's hand as she exhaled. "Man," She slumped back, "What do I do?"
A few moments passed, as she took the time to think to herself.
"I don't think there's anything that I could possibly do..."
She shook her head, and quickly recalled her father's words whenever she faced adversity. She looked up at the ceiling.

"So what if it looks hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up." Her father ruffled her hair, and gave her an encouraging pat on the back. "The same applies to you. Keep forging ahead, no matter what. Us Hyuga, we don't have much, but we do have these." He pointed to his Byakugan. "Tou-sama, I also have this!" Ayumi pointed to her forehead.
"Hahah," Ayumi's father heartily laughed, "That indeed is true."

"I'll keep going," She clenched her fist, "No matter what. For the both of us." She thought of Madara.
She got up, patted her dressing, and left for the door. Ayumi gave Koniko one look, smiling. "I'm going to Madara." Ayumi placed a hand on Koniko's shoulder. Koniko hummed, smiling back.

It was night now, and all Ayumi could hear was the shuffling of her feet. She stopped soon though, she noticed one of Madara's gloves slipped out from her kimono and onto the grass. She smiled smally; she would always keep them near her because the mere thought of Madara made her feel safe. Ayumi sighed; bending down to pick something up from the ground was proving to be a difficult task when she was pregnant. "I feel so wobbly." Ayumi muttered to herself, and she stood up right dusting the glove.
Ayumi stopped soon in her tracks as her eyes met with a familiar chest. "Madara!" She exclaimed, her eyes darted up to his dark ones. "Ayumi." Madara spoke strongly, with a longing only she could recognize.
"Are you okay?" Madara quickly scanned her, his hands on her shoulders, and then grabbing her into an embrace.
"Oh do I miss this." Ayumi shovelled her face into his bear chest. He held her tighter. "Why are you out so late?" Ayumi asked, her voice muffled. "I could ask you the same thing, Misses." Madara let go, "I think you have some explaining to do." He placed his hands on his hips.
"Mm." Ayumi nodded, "Come."
Ayumi and Madara walked to their backyard's pond, where the pair stood in silence. Madara crossed his arms, waiting for her to speak.
"You have been gone for a couple days." Madara spoke matter factly.
"Yes, yes. I know. I'm sorry, I should have let you know." Ayumi spoke. "But I've been doing some soul searching."
Madara glanced at her, and looked back at the stars. "How so?"
"I..." Ayumi grew quiet. "I have been reading books in the Hyuga manor, perhaps trying to find an alternative jutsu to the Infinite Tsukoyomi. Even our ancient books confirm that it is a vile jutsu designed to summon her back, in order to destroy this planet. I wanted to ask you-"
"If you think I'm still plotting on using that jutsu, I am not. I have debilitated, and I can no longer justify using it. Even though..." Madara held a clenched fist up in the air, "It would bring my brothers back. Your sister back. Everybody's loved ones... back."
Ayumi frowned. She knew this question would hurt him, but she had to ask. "I have moved on. Madara, why do you want them back so badly?"
Madara froze, he tensed up really quickly. The likes of which Ayumi had never seen before, indeed she had struck a cord with him.
"Because..." Madara looked away. Ayumi held his hand, and he looked at her tenderly. "Because?"
Madara hated anyone who brought this side out of him, but her.
"Because I loved them." He spoke breathily.
Ayumi's eyes teared up. She could feel his wrath, his pain.
"Madara." Ayumi choked up, earning another stare from him. "I know it's hard, but we can only look forward now. What should we do now?"
"We leave the village," Madara spoke, earning a frown from the Hyuga. It was a rational decision, and maybe the safest one for the both of them right now. "Perhaps temporarily. Until this ruckus calms down."
"How about..." Ayumi rubbed her chin, "Let's talk to the Senju family one last time, and sort this out. There has to be a way to reconcile this pain further."
Her suggestion only earned a puzzled look from the Uchiha. "You really think that would work?" Madara scoffed. "You know how Tobirama is."
"I know, Madara." She bit down on her tongue, recalling her father's words as a child. "So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up." Ayumi brought a thumb up to her chest.
Madara shifted his feet towards her, his hands on his hips. He heaved a heavy sigh. "Fine. How does tomorrow sound?"
Ayumi jumped in her spot. "Yes!"
Madara nodded, and the pair went to bed.