PART 24

Madara stood facing the entrance to his house, the engawa gave a beautiful view of a garden and a small pond nearby.

The Uchiha sighed, closing his eyes, fastening his katana near his waist. Today was a day he intended to relax and enjoy with his family - they had been invited for a lunch he would host in his new house. He felt slightly overwhelmed though, unsure of what options to make that would comfort them.

-

Ayumi saw the Uchiha from a distance, Madara was eyeing some of the tomatoes. Butterflies soon grew in the pit of her stomach, her eyes lit up, and she bit her tongue and told herself to approach the man. But no! He looks busy. She eyed the Uchiha crest on his back. She shook her head, trying to snap herself out of that line of thinking.

Now's my time to ask him! What was that important question?

"Yo, Madara." Ayumi approached him with a childish grin. He looked different, adorned in a dark yukata that conveniently complimented his features. Madara's dark eyes met hers, unfazed, he had almost seemed bored. She wondered what someone like him was doing in a market.

 She wondered what someone like him was doing in a market

"What brings you here?" Madara asked.
"I could ask you the same thing, tough guy." Ayumi looked up at him.

The leader kept his arms crossed, and almost entertained the idea of inviting her to that lunch. It would be interesting, he thought. He would imagine she would get flustered.

"I built a new house and I'm hosting a lunch for my family." Madara shifted his feet, uncomfortably, not used to being questioned of his whereabouts. She didn't miss this, as her gentle eyes laid back on his. "Would you..." Madara averted his gaze, and mentally scolded himself for hesitating. Maybe he was crossing a line but he did not care. "Come?"

"Madara." She grinned even wider and was about to punch his arm playfully, but before it could land, he gripped her wrist.
"I anticipated you would do that." Madara flickered her hand away.
"Hahah! I'm sorry. I got so excited over your invite." A dusty pink blush covered her cheeks now, but she met his eyes eagerly. "I would love to come."

Madara's eyebrows raised, he was oddly content. This way she would become more familiar with his family, he thought, and it would make things easier down the road. But soon he was mentally clouded with another onslaught of questions - what was her favourite food? He had not known, but Ayumi knew his. Inarizushi.
"What do you like?" Madara asked.
"W-what do-do I like?" Ayumi blushed, twiddling with her fingers.
He chuckled. "I meant food, silly."

"Oh..." She rubbed the nape of her neck, "I love ramen!"

Madara sighed, smirking. "I thought your taste would be more sophisticated."
"Oi!" She pouted, crossing her arms.