PART 22

Ayumi took one big gulp, now that we were standing before the Senju headquarters. This would go down in the books of history, she thought to herself.

"Having doubts?" Koniko's voice snapped the princess back to reality

She shut her eyes tight and opened them, shaking her head. "I never thought I'd see the day this would be happening."

-

Tobirama had his arms crossed, malicely glancing at Izuna from time to time. The younger Uchiha would reciprocate it with even more wickedness, taunting him with his sharingan.

"So I see your younger brother did not succumb to the wounds he received that day." Hashirama spoke, with a soft smile on his face. Ayumi was growing anxious, the tension brewing in the air was awkward.
Madara's dark eyes met the rim of his tea cup. "Things would have been much more different if he had."

"Well, in any case, I am glad you both are safe. This alliance with the Hyuga and the Uchiha will set things finally into stone. I am insistent that we treat each other peacefully for the sake of the village."

"I intend that too." Ayumi spread her palms out on the table, earning stares from both the Senju and the Uchiha. "But where will the funding for such a large scale project come from?" She wondered, rubbing the bottom of her chin.

Tobirama's glance fell to the gold bracelet she was wearing, it was hanging off of her wrist daintily. Hashirama was already brooding.

Wait!

"D-don't tell me..." Ayumi was growing cold sweats, rubbing the nape of her neck.

"Unbelievable." Madara closed his eyes, crossing his arms. He knew where this was going.
"Part of the proposition was to funnel funding from the Hyuga kingdom. I am aware your father alongside being the former leader is also a successful businessman." Hashirama explained.

"You're rich?" Izuna spat, his bluntness earning a hard stare from his elder brother. Koniko couldn't help but stifle a giggle. Izuna covered his mouth out of embarrassment.

"Fine! Fine." Ayumi raised her hands defensively in the air. "I am willing to help in that respect."

Hashirama prostrated his head towards her direction. "Thank you, Princess Ayumi!"
Madara's eye twitched, his old friend was still the same.

"Stop bowing so easily to people!" Tobirama punched his elder brother's arm.
"Right." Hashirama gulped, "It's just I am so happy! Madara and I were kids when we used to imagine this happening. And now here we all are."

"We were foolish young brats, now the co-founders of a village." Madara spoke reminiscently. Madara's heart was adamant to keep his brother safe in this new framework.

"Well, here are the papers." Tobirama slid the alliance treaties across the table towards the clan leaders, both of which starting skimming the contents of the papers.