PART 55

Madara sat outside their house on the grass twiddling a leaf in his hands. It was early morning now, and he was adamant on getting everything essential packed by himself without Ayumi's help - she was pregnant, and Madara didn't want to tire her further. They would be preparing to leave, and Ayumi was wrapping up a few last minute details.

 If they stuck to the schedule, they would be able to arrive to their new home ways from the village by the end of the night.

"Madara." Ayumi stepped outside of the home she had grown so familiar to. Madara's head chirped up towards her direction, and he stood upright dusting his clothing.

"You're prepared?"

"Ah." Ayumi nodded. She turned around to take one last look at place. "You did a good job with this home, I'll really miss it you know. So many memories." 

Madara stared at the Hyuga crest embroidered on the back of her yukata. Madara felt horrible that he'd be pulling her away from building rapport with the village she supported so ardently.

"Ayumi," Madara took a couple steps forward, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I promise I won't disappoint." Ayumi turned around, and gave him a peck on the lips. Madara smiled smally.

 "We should head out now. Hashirama knows we're leaving, which means.."

"Tobirama's henchmen, or what he now calls the "anbu" are watching us." Ayumi spoke. 

Madara sighed. "Of course you'd notice. Yes. You're right." We're probably being watched right this minute. The thought crossed the Uchiha's mind.

"Well, we should keep sharp..." Ayumi placed a hand on her belly. It would be any time she'd give birth now. Madara's eyebrows clenched slightly.

"I'll make sure nothing happens." 

Madara pulled out a sealing type scroll to place their belongings in. The pair started to take their leave.

--

It had been a couple of hours, and the heat was beginning to wear Ayumi. She rubbed her forehead, panting. Her pregnancy wasn't helping. Madara noticed as he stared from the edge of his eye. 

"You want to rest?"

"No." She replied stubbornly. She didn't want to be the one holding them back.

"Ayumi, perhaps we should. You're stressing your body out." He warned.

"I'll be okay..." She grabbed a flask of water and took a couple of sips.