PART 43

One more day until we marry.

I was counting down seconds, and as each one passed by, the more excited yet nervous I became. I bit down on my lip, forcing myself to come back to reality. Honuko, Koniko and Mito had all been mindlessly chattering. We had been sleeping over Mito's house tonight, and tomorrow we planned to spend the morning getting ready for the ceremony. Hashirama thankfully did not mind the extra company.

"Look at her all zoned out." Mito brought a hand to cover her mouth as she whispered to Koniko, and she giggled in response.
"I can hear you y'know!" I puffed.

"Looks like someone's nervous for her big day tomorrow." Honuko winked.

I sighed. She wasn't entirely wrong. Just the thought of Madara and his eyes staring into mine flustered me.

"Well, I'm sure Madara would get nervous seeing you in that." Mito eyed my traditional wedding kimono that was hanging. 

I glanced over my shoulder to the dress. It had been custom made beautifully.
They continued to tease me, dropping comments here and there. But my blood quickly boiled, and all I could see were flames.

"Enough! I"m not letting him make me this nervous!" I smashed a fist into the tatami mat, and the three women had quickly fell silent. Honuko had been hiding a laughter though, and it quickly spread to the other two, and then eventually to me.

We all broke out into heavy laughter, our backs falling onto the floor.
I panted, perking myself up on my elbows. "I'll let you guys have it this time."

"Now that I think about it, Madara doesn't really seem like the type to enjoy big gatherings." Mito rubbed her chin.
"Mm. But I'm sure if Ayumi's there it'll make it more bearable." Koniko eyed me.

I sighed in defeat, my arms dangling to my sides. The sight made the three laugh again. "I just hope it goes smoothly and..."
"The idiot's scared for the first night is what it is." Honuko winked.

"Oi!" I raised a fist, "You three have been too lax teasing me every chance you get!"

But my retorts were futile, and they laughed again.
But Honuko had gotten it exactly spot on. Madara was much taller than I, and in fact much more bigger than me. Just the mere difference in size of our hands was enough of a testament.

I shook my head, flustered. "I'll be fine."

*LATER THAT DAY*

Madara had been laying flat face on the tatami mat floor, after much insisting from Hashirama. Madara flinched, as he felt Hashirama stand on the bottom of his feet, rocking back and forth. He was massaging the Uchiha.

"I figured this might help tame your nerves." Hashirama looked over his shoulder, "I was quite nervous when I was getting married."

They both had been in the comfort of Madara's home, and all the preparations had been ready. All that was left was to wait. The thought of a big gathering bothered Madara, but it would be bearable if she were by his side.

"Nervous?" Madara muffled, "I'm not nervous, no. I'm more so..." Madara's eyes wandered across the wall.
"Ah ah. You're nervous about being alone with her on a romantic night aren't you? I wouldn't blame you, she is quite beautiful." Hashirama grinned.