PART 35

The pair continued their walk throughout the forest. Ayumi kept Madara's gloves close to her, inspecting them every now and then. 

I wonder how many people he's killed with these on...

She was growing nervous though. Soon Ayumi would see Madara's family and inform them of their intention to marry. The thought of Tajima's gaze narrowing in on her frightened her.

Madara was quick to notice her growing tension, it became apparent especially on her now strained shoulders.

"... You have nothing to worry about." Madara offered her reassurance calmly.
"Nothing to worry about huh..." Ayumi rubbed the nape of her neck.

Her train of thought was quickly broken though, when a familiar pair of children came before them.
"Madara-sama." Kaouru spoke loudly.
"Ayumi-sama!" Kenzo yelled.

"Hm?" Ayumi looked at both of them curiously, her eyes darting between their strained ones.

"You two." Madara spoke. He knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Ayumi rushed to Kaouru, she was now panting. The couple shared a serious glance. It was clear to both Madara and Ayumi that Kaouru had been running at her fastest speed.

"Ayumi!" Koniko jogged, she was in a fret, wiping a layer of sweat her forehead. "Ayumi. We need you at the compound. Come! Something happened!"

"Right." Ayumi quickly lifted the two tired children in her arms, glancing over at the Uchiha. "Madara, it looks like that'll have to wait for now. Come with us?"

Madara nodded, harnessing his gunbai. 
The five of them fled as fast as they could.

-
*AYUMI'S POV*

My heart had been beating outside of my chest. The view before me was one of Kenzo's and Kaouru's house, burning to flames then into ashes. A house fire! How and when did this happen?!

"Ayumi-sama!" Kenzo cried. "Mother and father are in there! Please help them!"

I snapped a violent glare at the burning house. This isn't good. Byakugan!
I took a deep gulp, trying to remain as calm as possible, without worrying the children.

"No!" Koniko screamed, at the top of her lungs. "They're..." Her voice wavered as her eyes returned to normal. She too had witnessed the scene inside by using her byakugan. 

My chest began to heave.
N-no way... they're gone... their parents burnt to ashes too...

"Ayumi! They're dead! They're dead!" Kaouru freaked out, her byakugan flaring. 
"They're dead?" Kenzo fell to the floor in tears. "What do you mean!"

The sobbing and the mourning was beginning to throw the princess off, and Madara noticed the growing tension as he stood in the back analyzing the situation.

"Enough crying!" I yelled at the three. "Koniko, get them out of here! The smoke is no good for the children!" I shifted my feet towards Madara, my gaze still fixated on the flames.