PART 14

"Stop spouting such nonsense in front of her, Tobirama!" Hashirama scolded his brother. Once Ayumi had confronted the Senju brothers, Tobirama was going off on a tangent about how he anticipated the Hyuga would grow to be like the Uchiha. We were all sitting in a conference room discussing the recent events. "We are here to clear the air regarding her younger sister's death and nothing more."

Ayumi's eyes had narrowed. Her anger had been dangerously brewing, though she would not let it resort to violence, she kept repeating to herself.
"Her death that was not caused by us any way?" Tobirama raised his hands, questioning his brother.

"Tobira-!"
"Enough!" Ayumi had smashed her two fists into the table.
Tobirama slightly flinched, sighing.
The action was enough to regain the Senjus attention.
Ayumi stood up, pushing her chair back as she did so. "She is my sister. She is dead. So I decide what will happen! Besides..."
Ayumi took a hard glance at everyone present in the room. Tobirama, Hashirama, Butsuma, and other elite members of the Senju. "I actually want to establish a just grounds for discourse, unlike my predecessors." Her voice toned down a notch now.

"You brat," Tobirama spat, "Watch yourself! Accusing us of murder!"
"Isn't everybody here guilty of that?"I asked them all genuinely. "No, this is about violation of integrity. Of property. This is a whole other ordeal. You hurt my family on land that did not warrant it..."

Butsuma sighed. "What makes you think we did it?"
Ayumi quickly retrieved the shuriken that had been packaged into a plastic bag, and slid it over the table. Byakugan!

"It is made of tungsten. Your land is extremely fertile with that element in particular. It is also the element that makes up most of your weapons. For an example, that katana you wield, Butsuma-sama." Ayumi pointed to it, it was laid out on the table forth of him. Tobirama's eyes had narrowed, discerned.

"You've done your research." Butsuma chuckled, "But I'm afraid we don't know what you're talking about."

"One of your people did this." Ayumi spoke despairingly. She had finally come to know what true pain felt like. She thought of Madara, who had lost three of his siblings, yet here Ayumi was in a panic because of just one.

"Find out who! Please, for my sake..."

"I will see to that." Hashirama spoke sincerely, "I appreciate you talking to me about this, instead of taking it to the battlefield."
Tobirama gruntled. "I'll get right on it."

Ayumi nodded, looking at the ceiling.
"The last time I was here, it was for a diplomatic meeting. Discussing the treaty, which was quickly crumbled by Madara." She spoke reminiscently. Tobirama quickly took note of the lack of the - sama honourific. He truly was inquisitive.

"I see you two have gotten familiar." The white haired man spoke. Ayumi shot him a glare.
"Yeah. The Hyuga have allied with the Uchiha."

Butsuma looked uncomfortable, and Hashirama shifted in his spot.

"No need to be threatened." Ayumi raised her hands.

Hashirama got up, bowing slightly towards me. "Is there any way... you could sway the Uchiha into considering a treaty?"
"Brother! Don't bow so easily." I heard Tobirama whisper.

"Why?" Ayumi asked.
"Because... without Madara, our dream of creating a framework that would allow for peace - a village, can't be possible. It was also his idea when we were younger brats." Hashirama explained.

Ayumi was visibly taken back, as per her surprising expression. Madara? Peace?

"It's almost hard to believe that someone as merciless as him once wished for that too." Ayumi pondered.
"I still feel like part of him feels that way. Be it just a corner of his heart." Hashirama smiled nostalgically, "Any how, we'll find out which one of my clan members did this to your sister. And we will hand them to you."