PART 46

Ayumi was growing more nervous by the second. She was at Madara's family house now, the both of them comforting his passing brother in his last moments.

"I-Izuna..." Ayumi tugged the hem of her sleeve. She tried to do what she could, and Madara would watch intently.

Madara was rather silent, but the pain on his face told everything that needed to be said. He glanced at his wife, the skin underneath her eyes had been swollen from all the crying.

"I'm surprised you didn't give my brother and I an earful, hiding this from you." Izuna breathed raspily. Ayumi's eyes fell to the floor.

"Now's not the time to be mad. Look at you, Izuna..." Ayumi placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Izuna's eyes slowly travelled to hers. "You're a good woman, onee-chan." He groaned in pain, looking at the hand on his shoulder. "And you need to stop offering me chakra. Nothing is working."
Ayumi's lips trembled, and she couldn't help but feel more hot tears stream down her face. Madara looked at her. It was quite overwhelming, his parents had passed that morning, and now it had been Izuna's turn, alongside his crying wife. Madara recalled his father's last words.
"Bury me, your mother, and Izuna, next to your... brothers..."

Madara heaved a heavy sigh, but it did not get rid of the pressure building atop his shoulders.
Madara would be the only remnant left of his family after this.

"... Izuna..." Madara muttered.

"Take care of the Uchiha.. Nii-san... and take my eyes... as a part...ing..." Izuna's pupils stopped dilating, and that was when Ayumi lost all control over her stifling tears.

"Izuna!" She wailed, grasping his clothing.
Madara gritted his teeth, his jaw clenching.

Izuna's arms had relaxed to his sides, his lifeless eyes now staring right into the dull ceiling

Izuna's arms had relaxed to his sides, his lifeless eyes now staring right into the dull ceiling. That was it, Izuna had died.

On that day, Madara lost his mother, his father, and his brother.

-

They had both went through the process of rinsing and cleaning his family members, and placing them into coffins adorned in Uchiha crests. It had been a couple of hours or so, Ayumi and Madara worked on wrapping Izuna's body into the coffin. Earlier, Madara had asked Ayumi to grant him some privacy as he took Izuna's eyes and placed them into a jar, now hidden from her.

Ayumi grew more worried about Madara though. He had been relatively quiet, and she realized that this was how he dealt with grief: in isolation. Ayumi knew Madara had to deal with the deaths of his three other brothers, and she wondered if it ever got easier to deal with for him. Needless to say, it was unfortunate that all four of his brothers had passed due to the war.