PART 4

Madara shifted uncomfortably in his place. "This getup is quite the nuisance." Adjusting part of his yukata to proudly show the Uchiha clan symbol.
Izuna sighed. "Aniki, it doesn't matter. You look good." He tossed his brother his gunbai, "And try not to look so stern. You might just scare off any officials."

Madara snickered, and thought to tie his hair in attempt to feel less suffocated from the layers of clothing, and it did work, as he grabbed a handful of his mane to tie. He much more preferred his attire when in war - it was quite comfortable and allowed for broader range of movement, he reminisced, already missing the rush he felt when fighting. The fear on people's faces when against the Uchiha. They would cower in fear, he thought.

"This'll do." He attached his gunbai to a harness on his back.
"Let's go." Izuna motioned with his hand, also in similar attire as his elder brother.

-

"Nee-san," Izuna chirped, "I don't trust the Senju. I can't believe you're okay with this. Our three younger brothers died at their hands..." His eyes on the ground.
"I'm not," Madara quickly retorted, "We are to simply discuss what a treaty would entail if we were to make one. To make such grand decisions as of right now would be impulsive to say the least."

Izuna hummed in agreement. "What are your thoughts?"
Madara stayed silent, walking, his eyes narrowed yet set on the trees forward to him. What had I thought?
I would be labelled as a traitor by my own clan - my own flesh and blood, for signing an alliance with the Senju, the only clan that somewhat posed as a threat to us. But if I did not go through with it, the war and fighting would continue. Lives would continue to be lost, and thus the cycle of hatred would only grow. Madara stayed silent, he didn't know what to say in truth. He thought of the dream he had once shared with Hashirama - to build a settlement where people would be able to co-exist without the fear of war. Madara wanted to laugh - I can not believe I thought it would be possible.

"Slow tracks for now," Madara attempted to clear up his younger brother's confusion, "I have no intention of allying with the Senju if that's what you're concerned about. Know that." His voice grew menacing.

"Look," Izuna pointed to a carriage that had passed across the meadows from a distance, "Seems like there are other clans on their way too. Who do you think will be there?" Excitement lingered in his tone. Unlike Madara, Izuna was more adventurous and enjoyed socializing. Events like this seemed to suit his character more greatly. Not to mention that his social skills were more apt, and he carried a generally friendlier attitude.

Madara narrowed his eyes.

-
*AYUMI'S POV*

"Yosh!" I stretched my arms out as I leaped out of the carriage. "Oi, carriage driver dude," I scratched my head. "Here's a tip old man!"
"Hahah!" He took the money, "First carriage driver dude, now an old man! Call me Tsuko. I've been working for your family a while now."
"Ah," I scratched my head in embarrassment, "I'm so bad with names! You have a good day."

"Let's go inside." Koniko placed a hand on my shoulder, the both of us marvelling at the entrance of the Senju compound. There was a golden gate with guards to either side, bearing the Senju symbol. "Jeez, this must cost a fortune." I muttered under my breath. We shuffled towards the guards.

"You're here for the meeting?" One of them spoke, both the guards' faces partially covered by their Senju headgear.

"Yes," I looked at Koniko, as well as the four other clans present, "We are the Hyuga family." I received a nod of acknowledgement from what seemed to be the Uzumaki, Nara, Aburame, and the Hatake clans, judging by their clan emblems. Each one of them had brought along some kind of moral support, it looked like, their fellow clan members.