PART 27

"... What is your name?" Madara asked, she was an inquisitive child.

"Kaouru. Hyuga Kaouru. And yours?" She lit up.
He couldn't help but grow slightly irritated. How could she not know who he is?

"Uchiha Madara."

"W-w-wait... The Uchiha Madara? As in the guy that could kill you by just looking at you? The one who helped Hashirama-sama found the village?!" She flailed her arms helplessly in front of her face.

He sighed. "So that's what they say about me."
"You're actually not all that scary, y'know!" She jumped in front of him.

"Not that scary huh." Madara looked at her, with narrowed eyes.

"N-nevermind..." She scratched her head.

"The main household is right there." Madara pointed to the direction of the Hyuga clan's estate with his eyes. "I'm assuming you know where to find your way around." He stopped his treks, looking down at the little girl.

"Yes!" Kaouru jumped, "Thank you! I just have to find my little brother, but I think he's with Ayumi-sama. Ayumi-hime is great you know, she helps all the kids around with traini-"

Madara flinched at the mention of her name.

"Ayumi." Madara interrupted Kaouru while looking at the Hyuga household, then looking back at the little girl. It dawned on him... the brown hair, that girl resembled Kenzo. "What's your little brother's name?"

"Hyuga Kenzo." She eyed the Uchiha leader suspiciously, "Wait. Why! What do you plan on doi-"

"Nothing." Madara crossed his arms. It was coincidental to Madara how everything kept leading back to Ayumi. First it had been the scar on his abdomen, him coincidentally landing on her shinobi data, and now his short journey with the little girl. Everything was tying back to her it seemed. "I need to make a short stop to speak with your leader."

"Can you train with us too? Maybe we could see who's eyes are stronger!"

Madara walked. "Just follow me."

-

"Keep going." Ayumi dodged Tenzo's attack, "Keep going! Go faster!"

"Haaaa!" He leaped forward, trying to strike a blow of gentle fist onto Ayumi's torso, but she had anticipated it and dodged it, placing an elbow on his arm derailing his attack. Kenzo flew forward.

"Ugh!" He grunted, as his face hit the wooden floor.

Ayumi's eyes fell to the sliding shoji door to reveal Kaouru.

And... Madara, who was looking at Kenzo now. The hieress's eyes widened.

"Little brother!" Kaouru yelped, running to him. "Training hard huh?"
"Yeah." He wiped the sheet of sweat off his forehead.

"Madara." Ayumi met his eyes excitedly. "It's been a couple of days. I heard you've been swamped with work."

He nodded, he was not typically one to reiterate his daily course of events. "It can't be helped. The village is growing and the Uchiha are demanding more needs now as well."
"I understand." She smiled, "I was training Kenzo here. I see you've met his elder sister."

"She's quite curious." Madara's eyes flickered to the brother and sister consoling each other.
Ayumi inched a bit closer to her fiance, hoping to ask him if he had revealed the news to his clan councillors yet.
"So have you...?" Ayumi whispered shyly.
Madara averted his gaze to the other direction. "No."

She dangled her arms, itching her head. "Coordinating this is gonna be tricky, huh."
"I could speak to your father now about a proposal, since I am here." Madara looked down at her.