PART 38

It was night now and Madara had yet to return.
Was he okay? Did he get into a fight? Or even worse, did Madara kill Tenji? Ayumi thought to herself, concern growing on her face. The thought of killing bothered her deeply - after all it was how her own sister Uehara died. She could not bear inflicting that pain on someone else now.

Ayumi stood outside, admiring the moon and occasionally staring at the pond outside of the cottage.

"I see you can't sleep." She heard a familiar deep voice from behind. Ayumi turned around, and relief washed over her face.

"Oh thank goodness." Ayumi sighed. "I was beginning to worry."
"Worry?" Madara's eyebrows narrowed. "About me? That's an insult." He crossed his arms.

"Baka!" Ayumi frowned, "Of course I'll worry about your safety! Even though I know you can fend for yourself just fine." Her head dangeled, looking at her feet.

"Hm." Madara looked at her calmly. He had been contemplating what time to gift her the ring, but he decided now would be a fitting moment.

"Give me your hand." Madara ordered.
"Huh?" She offered her palm.

He took a couple steps forward, closing the gap between them. Madara held her hand, slipping the ring on her finger. "I'm sorry I kept you waiting, but I have this for you." He closed his eyes.

"N-no way!" Ayumi blushed, looking at him with wide eyes.
She had been told the tales of how a ring signified eternal love between two people. She was stunned though, his gloves had been enough of a grand gesture already, and now this!
She blushed profusely. Red spinel too!

"Madara." Ayumi tip-toed, hugging the Uchiha. "I'll cherish it forever. Oh, and I may have gotten you something too." She grinned.

"Hoo?" Madara looked at her curiously.

"Inarizushi." Ayumi pointed inside of the cottage. "It's been waiting for you all day."
"I see." Madara nodded.

It stayed silent for a moment between the two, until Madara tugged her wrist and caught her lips into a kiss. Madara would do this often when they were alone, but this time it was different. More rougher and as if they had been lusting for each other. She felt like her legs were growing weak.
Once Madara felt this, he retracted himself from her. Ayumi was faintly panting, blushing.

"You still blush when we kiss." Madara observed.

"B-baka! That wasn't just any kiss..." Ayumi pouted.

Madara looked at her with a smile, but she could not quite tell since it had been so dark outside.

"Go get rest." The Uchiha said, walking.

-

"Stay sharp." Madara glanced at Ayumi from the corner of his eye.
"Mm." She nodded.

They had been waiting for Tenji near a waterfall clifftop. It was a sketch area, and the two already decided there would be a battle soon. 

And Ayumi's intuition had indeed been right.

Tenji was definitely responsible for the arson murders. The papers Ayumi had found revealed the Hyuga family's names, crossed with x's. But their deaths were not the only ones. There had been many others.