PART 32

Ayumi and Madara were in a darkly lit room far beneath the ground, the crackling of fire echoing throughout. They had both fallen silent. The Hyuga stood before the sacred Uchiha stone tablet.

"Initially," Madara's hoarse voice filled the quietness of the room, "I was under the impression that the Infinite Tsukuyomi was a jutsu that belonged to the Uchiha clan

"Initially," Madara's hoarse voice filled the quietness of the room, "I was under the impression that the Infinite Tsukuyomi was a jutsu that belonged to the Uchiha clan. One that can bring eternal peace to the shinobi world." Ayumi hovered her gaze away from the tablet to his dark eyes. It was clear to Ayumi that he was speaking ideally, his palms that were raised in the air were now slowly dropping to his sides.

 It was clear to Ayumi that he was speaking ideally, his palms that were raised in the air were now slowly dropping to his sides

"But it turns out it is not a jutsu that creates peaceful dreams. It's a jutsu that gathers enormous amounts of chakra from its captives." Madara added. "To summon her. I'm assuming you know who I mean."

The progenitor of all chakra. Ayumi looked away, knowing full well of what he had been talking about. It was all in the books. She cursed herself for her lack of foresight, clenching her fists. If Ayumi had not bumped into Konosuke that day, Madara would have continued about performing this jutsu, and the whole world would have been damned. It was indeed destiny that day she met the Otsutsuki.

Arigato, Kami-sama.

Ayumi hesitantly looked at the Uchiha.

"Legend says that the tablet can only be read by those who possess the Mangekyo Sharingan." Ayumi said, biting her lip. She felt out of place for some reason.

"Actually." Madara adjusted his footing, so that his torso was now facing her. "That is precisely why I requested your presence."

Ayumi gulped, looking up at the daunting Uchiha, the flames lit the parts of his face that were the sharpest. It did not help calm her nerves.
"Why?"
"Your bloodline is older than the Uchiha's. And it's rumoured that your eyes are the strongest in your clan." Madara took a few steps forward. "I'd like you to use it on this tablet and tell me what you see."
She glanced at the tablet, taking a few steps forward, reluctantly weaving the signs to summon her dojutsu.