PART 6

Byakugan!
"Yosh! Tou-sama, we're almost there." I looked to my father gleefully, happy that he even considered my suggestion. The Uchiha compound was approaching and my steps were beginning to get a bit too eager. My father quickly took note of this.
"Someone's excited," He crossed his arms, "I heard Tajima has a son about your age."

Huh?
"Oh, yeah. That guy. Uchiha Madara."
Hayate shifted his glance forward, as he noticed two Uchiha nin approaching us. 

"Why are you crossing our boundaries? State your name and purpose!" Both of them flaring their sharingan, mounting their katanas into the ground. 

Hayate sighed, the Uchiha were relentless.
"Hyuga Hayate and Hyuga Ayumi. We're both here on business to speak with Tajima-sama." I spoke, noticing my father lopsidedly smiling at me, which was sort of an indication that I was doing a good job. 

Regardless, my statement seemed to not do much. They narrowed their eyes, seemingly unconvinced. Tobirama was right, it would take much more to persuade them.
"Oi! We're not even armed, we're here on good terms." I raised my hands in defence, "See?" I patted myself.

"Tajima knows of our whereabouts." My father conveniently added. "Let us through, please."

The Uchiha guards withdrew their swords, apologizing, and motioned for us to follow them. We walked throughout the compound, gaining multiple glances from shinobi and civilians, and even comments here and there about my appearance. The aroma overall felt homey, like I could stay here forever and I wouldn't mind. The scent of freshly baked bread and pastries filled the compound, with elderly people smiling and looking after their children, it just felt safe. I could now understand why Madara was so insistent on maintaining this. I wonder where he is.

My father and I sat on two cushioned seats made of straw across the Uchiha leader, around us we were surrounded by Uchiha symbols, swords, and shinobi. 

"So you've made it." Tajima spoke, his sword planted neatly to his side. "I won't lie, this is a smart move on your part, Hayate. Our allied forces could overwhelm the Senju into finally surrendering. Though I would have much preferred to do it by my own means."
"Hn." Hayate hummed, closing his eyes, "There's nothing wrong with seeking cooperation. In fact, this idea was my daughter's, Ayumi." Father placed his hand on my back.

I bowed slightly, "We look forward to working with each other."
"Hyuga-hime," Tajima remembered, "You're about the same age as my son, Madara."
"I think so." I added.
What did that have to do with anything? I swear that topic has come up a couple times now.

"Yet you seem more delicate when it comes to approaching situations like this. I think Madara can learn a thing or two from you actually." Tajima chuckled wholeheartedly. I rubbed the back of my head, slightly confused with what that had to do with anything. Do older people just like to ramble? "Well then. Hayate, let's get this treaty signed so we can go back on the field."

My father got up to sign the paper that would set things in stone, and finally, this moment would go down in history. This moment was within the workings of fate to happen. My father and I both shook hands with Tajima, followed by plentiful conversation with the Uchiha fellow.

-

I had told father I wanted to take a look around the compound and introduce myself to some villagers, now that we were allied forces. I exited the Uchiha's headquarters only to be introduced to a dense amount of trees. And I meant a lot
"Yosh! Time to leap in this beautiful weather, hahah." And my feet began to spring off of branches just until...