PART 37

Madara's eyes slowly opened, he turned around only to be met by a snoring Ayumi. She was drooling, her mouth unshyly wide open. The Uchiha rolled his eyes, keeping in a chuckle.

"Tsch." Madara pushed the covers away from his body, "How unsightly."

Seriously, how could a princess touted to be so powerful be knocked out as a piece of wood so easily?

The princess quickly snapped awake though.
"What was that about unsightly!?" Ayumi punched his arm.
"Oi!" Madara patted the area, "Where did you get that sudden energy from?"

She yawned, stretching her arms. "Koniko, thank you for preparing breakfast." The princess eyed the platter of dishes that were set beside the couple. "Breakfast for two. Itadakimasu!" Ayumi winked at the Uchiha.

"Eat and let's head out. Where are the children?" Madara questioned.
"Outside training." Koniko slide the shoji door.

"Ah." Ayumi nodded, nibbling on the food, "They must be feeling better."
"They certainly are. They were smiling and laughing all morning. I think it made them closer."

Madara ate a portion of the food and vividly recalled how the many hardships he faced brought him closer to his brethren. "Tragedies have a way of doing that."

Madara sat up right now, folding his futon and then meeting Koniko's eyes. "I can trust you to leave you here alone with the children?"

Koniko nodded. "I'll take care of things here while you two are out there."

-

"A debt collector's place." Ayumi shifted in her spot, adjusting her kimono. "This will be the perfect spot to start investigating. Yosh. Let's go!" She took a couple of steps forward, until she felt a familiar grip around her wrist.

"Calm down." Madara eyed her. "If we risk being impulsive they might come after you too." His dark eyes narrowed in on her. She swallowed the lump forming in her throat, yanking her wrist back.

"I can't sit still, I'm going!" She frowned as she scurried forward.

Madara sighed, it would be futile, he thought to himself. She was emotionally involved and he couldn't blame her.

-

"My name is Tsubaki and this is the Debt Collectors office, how may I help you?"

"Konichiwa." Ayumi made herself welcome in the space while Madara had been checking around. The lady named Tsubaki was eyeing the Uchiha, but her attention was quickly diverted to Ayumi's.
"I was hoping to see the list of people who failed to pay their debts this past week." Ayumi preppily smiled.

Tsubaki hesitated for a minute as her hand touched the knob of the drawer. "On who's accordance are you here on?"

Ayumi cleared her throat. "I was hoping you'd tell me that. Ever since we started working for you guys we have no clue who's the boss. It's been stressing us out since we need to talk to him about something."

"Ah." Tsubaki stared at Ayumi a bit too intensely for her liking. "Tenji-sama prefers to be elusive."
Madara snapped the office lady a quick stare. Tenji-sama.