PART 49

She blinked, once or twice or maybe none at all. Ayumi couldn't really tell, as all she could really feel was the blood coursing through her veins, and her heart that had been pumping it furiously. It felt as though it was beating outside of her chest.

I am leaving the village.
The words weighed heavily on her mind, and even more so on her heart.

Ayumi had been incredibly naive to think that she could live a fairytale in Konoha alongside her lover. Peace could never really be achieved, and seeing Madara suffer was proof of that.

Ayumi shook her head feverently though, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Leave? You're going to leave?" Ayumi croaked through her dry throat meeting his eyes as intently as she could, clenching her fists.
Madara merely replied with a nod. He was prepared to face her anger, his orbs eventually met hers, and hesitantly so, he found.

She scoffed. All he could explain to her was a nod.

"What do you mean leave?" Ayumi placed a hand on her belly. "Our child. Your clan. My clan. The village - your village that you helped create!" Ayumi heaved, she was beginning to panic, but all Madara could do was look at her. "All of it means nothing to you? Nothing at all, Madara?" She gritted her teeth. The question hung in the air for about a minute or so.

Ayumi didn't understand this time around.

"It means everything to me." Madara spoke sharply, his eyebrows cast a darkness over his face. "That is why I'm leaving."

"But... but..." Ayumi felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. The stress was sudden, and it was bearing on her body too quickly. Her knees fell into the soil.

"Ayumi." Madara approached his wife, holding her by her shoulders. Madara bit his lip, and was almost astounded that she took it as bad as she did.

"At least let me explain." Madara was concerned at his wife's condition, and he took a deep breath. She was the last person Madara wanted to see in any pain. Ayumi gritted her teeth, wiping the sweat from her upper lip.

Ayumi's eyes had already been puffy. She knew where this was going. She stood upright, patting herself from the dust on her kimono.

"I will be fine." Ayumi met his eyes furiously. "Now talk."

Madara shuffled his footsteps, now facing the stream of water with his arms crossed.

"I will. Quite simply actually. There is no place for me or my clan in this village." Madara stated, briefly as he could.

"But if you leave who will take over the Uchiha?" Ayumi stared at his dark mane that was conveniently covering his features right now. Madara could feel her eyes, hot as coal, piercing through his skin. But his gaze met her protruding belly.

"It's too early for our child to decide." Ayumi brought a palm to cover. "So who?"

"I know that." Madara placed his hands on his hips. "I already have arrangements. You needn't worry. But I'm assuming you understand the state of affairs right now, especially concerning the Uchiha."