Prologue

“Don't mess with me again. You're still my friend, as much as I could, I don't want to hurt you.” I told her.

We fought. Of what reason? She literally called my mom a bitch and a gold digger and so, naturally, I lost my temper because of course! Who wouldn't? Insulting your mom infront of you would push the buttons you've been keeping.

“I'm sorry, Ghayle. I've should've done that.” She apologized but I didn't sense any sincerity.

Stupid.

Umirap ako. “Your don't sound sorry at all.” Tumalas ang tingin niya sa akin nang sabihin ko yun. “I am quite dissapointed, I was expecting you to fight back but you didn't. Are you scared of me? Am I frightening you, huh, Chloe?" Lumuhod ako at hinawakan ng isang kamay ang pareho niyang pisngi.

I am fumming but I'm holding myself because she's still important to me, I don't want to hurt her more. Sobrang diin ng pagkakahawak ko doon at halatang nasasaktan siya dahil parang naluluha na siya.

“Bitch.” She mouthed.

Sa isang iglap ay muling lumapat ang palad ko sa kanang pisngi niya na namumula na ngayon dahil sa sunod-sunod na sampal na pinatama ko sa mukha niya kanina.

“Yeah, you're the one to talk.” I said, she's obviously holding back her tears to look brave.

I lean towards her and whisper. “You know girl, you should've atleast tried to fight me back so that you could look more less pitiful. Because you know, while looking at you, you look nothing but a trash who needs to be put inside the trash bin.” Tumayo nako. “Try to insult me more especially my mom, hindi lang yan ang makukuha mo.”

I turned around and walked away to the building where my next class was. I left her feeling contented, knowing I had left plenty of scratch marks on her face. I don't bother getting worried about that anymore because I know she will get it all treated right away.

Knowing Chloe, she can't face people until she's already perfect on their eyes. She's a perfectionist and I know her. I know her very well, of course, she is my best friend. We became friends since we both have the same personalities.

At first we were fine, and this quarrel between us started on a contest. We were both contestants and I was the one who won; after that, she started avoiding me. I don't know why she's doing that, until this day comes, she confessed to me that she's jealous because of my fame here in our school and my power. Is that enough reason to badmouth my mom? Tsk.

I don't really understand why she's jealous. I mean, we're both the queen bee of this university and we're both popular. Hindi ko naman siya kakaibiganin kung hindi no.

Mabuti nalang at class hour ngayon ay walang nakakita sa ginawa namin. Hindi ko gustong mapag-usapan ng iba ang tungkol sa nangyari lalo na sa ginawa ko sa kaniya, ayaw kong sirain ang image niya bilang bratinela ng school. After all she's still my friend and I'm still concerned about her.

But because of that concern, I am late, for my 3rd class for today. Dang.

Who cares anyway? Just shrugged it off, Ghayle.

I stop walking when I suddenly heard a loud groan from somewhere. Dala ng kuryosodad ay naglakad ako papunta sa direksyon kung nasaan nagmumula ang boses na yun.

After a minute, I just found my self at the mini garden beside of the building that I was going to. My eyes roamed to the whole area until three guys caught my eyes. Ang dalawa ay nakatayo samantalang ang isa naman ay nakahiga sa sahig.

I knew those two guys but the one who's on the floor, I don't have any idea who he is. Akmang sisipain ni Jericho yung lalaki nang sumigaw ako.

“Hey dirty assholes!” Sigaw ko saka lumapit sa kanila. Otomatikong huminto sila sa pagkilos.

Nilapitan ko yung nakahiga at tinulungang siyang makatayo at muling hinarap sina Jericho at Zack.

“What are you doing to him?” I raised my eyebrow to them and look at them, sharply.

“Wag kang makialam dito, Ghayle. Tinuturuan lang namin siya ng leksyon, he spilled his juice on my uniform!” Zack said, the popular bully in our school while pointing his fingers at the man beside me.

“And he bumped on me causing my foods fell on the floor.” Jericho said, the other bully while glaring at the man beside me.

“Just because of that binugbog niyo siya? Ang bababaw niyo, mga lintik. Get out of here before I kick your ass', naiirita ako sa mga pagmumukha niyo, bilis!”

Sa una ay parang nagdadalawang isipa pa sila at sinamaan ako ng tingin pero umalis din naman.

Nang mawala na sila sa paningin, I faced the man beside me. Nakayuko pa din siya at hindi man lang nag-sasalita. I wonder who he is, maybe he's a transferee? It's my first tume seeing him here.

“Are you okay? Does your face hurts?” I asked him.

“Thank you for saving me.” He said using his low voice.

“Come on, face me. I will check your face if there is a wound.”

Inangat niya naman ang tingin niya sa akin. At first, I was mezmerized by his looks, especially of his chocolate brown eyes and hair.

Umiling ako saka muling nag-focus.

I saw a cut on his lower lip and it's bleeding, maybe one of those bastard punched him. Tsk.

“Let's go.”

“Where are we going?”

“To the clinic, we have to clean your wounds.”

“You don't have a class?”

“I have but I'm late anyway, wala na din naman akong matututunan. My teacher will just scold me.” I said and he just nodded.

Inakay ko siya papunta sa clinic, hindi naman ako gaanong nahirapan dahil magaan lang naman siya. Pagkadating namin doon, I pointed the chair beside the door and I signaled him to sit. Sinunod niya naman ako, after that, I called Ms. Marie, the school nurse.

“Yes, Ghayle?”

“Can you please clean his wounds? Medyo madami yon at nagdudugo.” I said while pointing my finger to him.

Tinignan niya naman kung sino yun at nagulat ako nang bigla siyang kumaway dito saka ngumiti. They are close?

“Oh hi, Beomgyu!” She said using her cheerful voice.

So his name is Beomgyu, nice name.

Hindi siya pinansin ni Beomgyu at basta nalang umupo sa kama.

“You know him?”

“Of course. You don't? He's the principal's only son.” She simply answered me.

My eyes widened in shock.

“What?”